Where is that spot for you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've been going to the area east/NE of Durango almost all my life. Grandparents bought some land near Lake Vallecito in 69. The place is long gone but my parents still lease a house on the lake every summer. In fact, they are there right now. One of my favorites is Vallecito trail that goes over the mountain on the north end of the lake. It's a two day hike to Silverton. I have never done the whole hike but have been known to drive to Colorado just to day hike that trail.

ghostrider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My spot is right outside San Antonio Texas on the north east side just outside the city limits. Commanche Lookout park. I used to live in the area as a teenager. It has a castle. It's a city park now but it used to be private property but I found a way to sneak up there and think and enjoy the view of The city.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 122

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Pacific northwest. I love the rich green, mountains, clear rivers, etc. As far as severe weather, they probably have the least of anywhere in the US.

However, my back yard now is pretty close. No mountains and no room for a shop, but the most awesome backyard I've ever lived with!

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been through a whole bunch of pretty country, but to me the Wichita Mts Wildlife Refuge is tops. I don't believe in reincarnation, but I do get a weird kind of deja vu feeling whenever I'm there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maui is pretty incredible but just spent 8 days there and after 5 days I was ready to come home.

Ya know, that's a good statement. 9 days in Alaska, I was ok with being home. Home is where you live, its your place. We all love to go to places we have never been and enjoy the experience being somewhere different.
We live in the country, and its like we don't ever look out into the woods. We have friends/family come out, and they get really excited seeing deer, turkey and whatever.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We live in the country, and its like we don't ever look out into the woods. We have friends/family come out, and they get really excited seeing deer, turkey and whatever.

When we bought our country place in 2003 the working plan was to eventually build a bigger house and live out there full time but lately we've thought less and less that would probably happen. Right now every time we roll up to the gravel drive there's a feeling of excitement. I think you touched on it here. I don't want to start missing the forest for all the trees!

Plus, it's pretty convenient having a second place a mile from Woodland Hills Mall! :)

Bryan

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Driggs, ID in the Teton Valley on the west side of the Tetons, 30 miles from Jackson, WY. Beautiful, just flipping beautiful, but I'm going to have to find somewhere to winter because I ain't dealing with that much snow.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
We were just up there in Driggs. Don't remember it specifically, that was early in the day. Left Yellowstone, drove down through Teton N'l Park to Jackson, across the border, up through Driggs and on to Big Sky, MT. Back to ID Falls, camped, then though SLC, UT, to Grand Junction, CO, and ended at Glenwood Springs, CO. Lot of pretty country up there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom