Where is your Flag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse Custer said:
I'm more worried than disgruntled. First article I find today on my favorite news page is this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/20/asset-forfeiture-wisconsin-bail-confiscated_n_1522328.html

As I mentioned, law enforcement can confiscate cash without due cause, and this is scary. I also feel a very bad wind blowing, and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw another civil war in the United States in the next 12-15 years. That would put my kids in their late teens, and this is highly disturbing. I never in my younger years thought such things could happen here, but my how times and attitudes have changed.

If I had 35k per family member lying around, I would be looking into moving to New Zealand for awhile. That place seems like a safe bet to ride out a storm, but alas, their immigration policy is 35k per person. So yeah, as predictable as your comment is, I have actually looked into it. Sorry guys, but the nationalism parade left me post 9/11.

Huffington Post is your favorite news source?

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a lot people are of the opinion that post 9/11 has been botched so badly by poor leadership, that the flags have come down until something positive happens for our nation.

Over a decade fighting the Talibandwagon? An invasion of another country based on faulty intelligence? A whole 'nother department of Homeland Security (what, the FBI wasn't enough?), the Patriot Acts, indefinite detainment without a lawyer if they decide to call you a terrorizer, and assassination of American citizens at the whim of the executive branch? And to top it all off they want to call that new World Trade Center the Freedom Tower?

Was that so we could remember our pre-9/11 Constitutional rights that are now gone forever? Like the right to have a P.O. Box address on my bank statement, travel freely with cash, or mail a letter without a return address? Yeah, those were the days. I had a flag back then too.

That's the same flag that represents your ability to make these kinds of comments. And the same one that allows me to disagree with said comments. I would suggest re-examining your decision not to fly the flag

As for mine, one is in the front yard, and the other sits in a triangle case in my office. I owe my dad for that one.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse Custer said:
I'm more worried than disgruntled. First article I find today on my favorite news page is this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/20/asset-forfeiture-wisconsin-bail-confiscated_n_1522328.html

As I mentioned, law enforcement can confiscate cash without due cause, and this is scary. I also feel a very bad wind blowing, and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw another civil war in the United States in the next 12-15 years. That would put my kids in their late teens, and this is highly disturbing. I never in my younger years thought such things could happen here, but my how times and attitudes have changed.

If I had 35k per family member lying around, I would be looking into moving to New Zealand for awhile. That place seems like a safe bet to ride out a storm, but alas, their immigration policy is 35k per person. So yeah, as predictable as your comment is, I have actually looked into it. Sorry guys, but the nationalism parade left me post 9/11.
Well, you're not alone with the Doom-and-Gloom sentiment, like with a Civil War or some other event that's referred to SHTF (Sh## Hitting the Fan) which is part of the reason for the Prepper Movement and why a lot of us are storing-up guns and ammo. No matter what happens, I will be clutching my flag and my Dad's triangular flag, which represents my War Hero.

Latest posts

Top Bottom