Where To Buy Lead In The Tulsa Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when ever i go to a pull it yourself junkyard, i carry a small pair of channelock pliers in my pocket and take lead weights off wheels and look for them on the ground too. almost free. and when i go for a walk , i keep an eye at the curb,,plenty of things fall off vehicles and wind up there..just make sure to keep and eye on traffic too..

Last edited:

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last couple of buckets of WWs I purchased were maybe 50% Lead, 30% steel and 20% zinc. I gave the shop about 10 cents a pound for the lot. Converting WW to ingots you lose the weight of the clips and trash, so maybe another 5% gone. Still less than 25 cents a pound for good lead. Last time I was at Jerry's, I thought the price per pound was a bit high but it would be a great place to start. Facebook and craigslist have alloy in ingots for $2 to $3. I am never really sure what their alloy is. I found a rusted cast iron pot for under $20 and use a propane burner turkey fryer to rough process lead into ingot. A friend from church brought me two 15 pound blocks that look like they were dumped out of a pot. Also a really nice ladle and three 4 pound blocks that were molded in the ladle. As I have plenty of ingots, I will probably keep these as HEAVY weights to hold glued wood together.

I am keeping the zinc as some are casting bullets from the zinc.

Be glad to discuss if you want to send me a PM. Just received a 30 cal and 6 cavity 38 mold and will be casting over the next week or so. Live North Bixby

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last couple of buckets of WWs I purchased were maybe 50% Lead, 30% steel and 20% zinc. I gave the shop about 10 cents a pound for the lot. Converting WW to ingots you lose the weight of the clips and trash, so maybe another 5% gone. Still less than 25 cents a pound for good lead. Last time I was at Jerry's, I thought the price per pound was a bit high but it would be a great place to start. Facebook and craigslist have alloy in ingots for $2 to $3. I am never really sure what their alloy is. I found a rusted cast iron pot for under $20 and use a propane burner turkey fryer to rough process lead into ingot. A friend from church brought me two 15 pound blocks that look like they were dumped out of a pot. Also a really nice ladle and three 4 pound blocks that were molded in the ladle. As I have plenty of ingots, I will probably keep these as HEAVY weights to hold glued wood together.

I am keeping the zinc as some are casting bullets from the zinc.

Be glad to discuss if you want to send me a PM. Just received a 30 cal and 6 cavity 38 mold and will be casting over the next week or so. Live North Bixby
i use old dead car batteries for weight ,at least the ones that have handles ,,,,scrap price has dropped way low for them,,, use thoses two 15 pounders ,, lead for bullets..

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i use old dead car batteries for weight ,at least the ones that have handles ,,,,scrap price has dropped way low for them,,, use that lead for bullets..
Interesting. I’ve heard there are some nasty and dangerous fumes to deal with when trying to melt lead from automotive batteries. Have you melted lead from batteries? Curious to know your process if you have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom