Where to find lead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my area all the indoor ranges and most of the tire shop that I have checked with tell me that they are contracted to a commerical caster in OKC. I have about given up on finding any

Landser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On bitter cold days or moonlit nights a wild eyed monster with a bucket and a rake and a strange sifter roams the backstops of the Lexington range grizzled with a red beard and a gun strapped to his back he paws and claws at the back stop and leaves with heavily laden white buckets a man can hardly move. Rumor has it he goes to his man cave and begins a ritual of lighting a fire and burning all the bullets till the lead oozes out and casts them into ingots. could all just be a rumor then again often times during fair days at the Lexington range a strange man in a black van and red beard with a wild eyed look can be found lurking on the firing line could this be the same beast spotted at nights and cold winter days?

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Funny, with the money your making selling walmart bulk packs of 22 ammo for $50 a whack in the classifieds to your 'friends' here on the forum, I'd think you could afford to go buy some lead somewhere. after all, your doubling your money (or at least trying to).

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny, with the money your making selling walmart bulk packs of 22 ammo for $50 a whack in the classifieds to your 'friends' here on the forum, I'd think you could afford to go buy some lead somewhere. after all, your doubling your money (or at least trying to).

Ha!!! Probably the same red bearded wild eyed man that hovers at the Wal Mart ammo counter in early mornings.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! 2.00 a lb from recycle? Ouch! I would say try Craigslist Armslist. I surface mine the public ranges that i go to. Probably in two or three years I have gotten North of 300 lbs that way. I use spotting scopes to check my targets and when others go check targets I mine for lead. Try to leave ranges with more lead than I shot:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom