Elevated lead levels in granddaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to go back and reread original post. Gotta say I didn’t realize testing for lead was a routine part of blood tests these days. At least I’m assuming “lab results” resulted from a blood test. Heck, I didn’t think a blood test for a 12 month old would be routine. Makes me wonder was the little one having problems in some way that would make a doctor run “labs”?

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, and I'm glad you found this early on.

Now that the doctors know - and you likely found the source...
Have they discussed how to lead de-tox?

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is she around anyone involved in general aviation or live near an airport? LL100 aviation fuel is the largest source of lead pollution now.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to go back and reread original post. Gotta say I didn’t realize testing for lead was a routine part of blood tests these days. At least I’m assuming “lab results” resulted from a blood test. Heck, I didn’t think a blood test for a 12 month old would be routine. Makes me wonder was the little one having problems in some way that would make a doctor run “labs”?

I'm not sure how the lead was first discovered or why. Not really any physical or developmental issues known right now. She is being seen via Indian Health services.....they may do things different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom