1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Which .22 pistol for suppressor host?

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Pokem807, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Gabriel42

Gabriel42 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Replace a bushing and it gets better.

2. Surveyor1653

Surveyor1653 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    How do you like those Hogue grips?

I have a 22/45 with STD iron sights, like this one

I'm also trying to acquire an SR22 with a threaded bbl for my kids to shoot.

3. Gabriel42

Gabriel42 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I like them a lot. Easy to pick up quickly, get hand into right position with the grooves and take quick, accurate, quiet shots.

4. djcorrell

djcorrell Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The Smiths are great if they run. Sometimes a particular gun will be picky. The more they are shot, the better they get. They are a great choice for a can with iron sights. If you plan on running a red dot, the better choice would definately be the Ruger.

5. Maverick21

Maverick21 Sharpshooter

I've got the 22/45 and a SR22 for my suppressor hosts. The SR22 feels fine in the hand but it's hard to beat the Ruger. I'm more of a Browning Buckmark fan more so than anything but i think the design of the bolt on the Ruger makes it's action naturally quieter than most other .22 pistols. It's noticeable between the 22/45 and SR22 at least. YMMV

6. Pokem807

Pokem807 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I had a SR22 a few years back, and it was a pretty good little shooter. I'm leaning towards one of the 22/45s right now, and I had wondered if it might cycle more quietly than some other designs.

7. Sanford

Sanford Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you're looking for something a bit different, there's this:

[​IMG]

Beretta ARX160 .22LR pistol.

Attached Files:

8. Pokem807

Pokem807 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Stopped by the LGS this morning to look for some potential suppressor hosts. I hadn't really planned on picking up another 10/22, but they had the 50th Anniversary Design Contest Winner model just sitting there on the rack. I picked it up and put it down, and hemmed and hawwed, and then took it home. Ruger really hit a home run with this model, and the only thing I'll do to it is install the Volquartsen trigger/bolt catch...and shoot the crap out of it. Love the stock, love the peep sight, love the pic rail...

I'm thinking about taking my nephew to Appleseed this spring, and we'll probably fight over who gets to shoot the new 10/22.

9. Maverick21

Maverick21 Sharpshooter

If you're going to upgrade the trigger, i highly recommend the KIDD trigger groups. They're pricey but I've tried both and the KIDD triggers are amazing. You can adjust the weight down to 1.5 lbs and the trigger breaks like a glass rod with little to no pre/over travel. I'd just get the whole assembly since the one I shot was that assembly in a full KIDD rifle.

10. Chard

Chard Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Another vote for the 22/45
    [​IMG]

On the MKIII's you can remove the magazine disconnect and replace the bushing alone with the sear and have a good trigger pull. Also easier takedown because it will be set up like a MKII pistol. And you will have to take it down a lot because 22 rimfire with a suppressor is downright filthy. But it is a lot of fun.