Who Gets an Item in the Classifieds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figure the first person to show "real" interest gets first shot but consider the first clearly spelled out "I'll take it" to be the one I'll deal with. Questioning about shipping etc. isn't a clear "I'll take it". Once I agree on terms, I won't break that deal at any price.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure the first person to show "real" interest gets first shot but consider the first clearly spelled out "I'll take it" to be the one I'll deal with. Questioning about shipping etc. isn't a clear "I'll take it". Once I agree on terms, I won't break that deal at any price.
I understand the "I'll take it" reason, but I will give the first member the option at that point, even i have not actually discussed the item with them.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Firs"I'll take it" gets it. Wouldn't care if he has the 14th post. There is no line. On the flip side of that, if I were buying an item and threw out I'll take it and the OP says let me check with the 2 guys who asked about the color. I'd kindly let one of the others buy it.
so if a set of dies was for sale, but did not have the caliper listed you would not ask before you said I'll take it?

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
No. If the caliber wasn't listed, I wouldn't be interested in the post. The bit of information left out is kind of important to the sale.
I will just leave it at, I will give the first guy to ask about the item the opportunity to purchase before I jump to someone else.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you actually create a post that just said "Dies for sale"? If so, did somebody actually respond they'd take them?
no, it was for a bullet puller with collets, but he did not say what size the collets were. Someone took the bullet puller without knowing the size of the collets. I asked about the size of the collets and F/U shipping amount.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no, it was for a bullet puller with collets, but he did not say what size the collets were. Someone took the bullet puller without knowing the size of the collets. I asked about the size of the collets and F/U shipping amount.

For those interested, this was an item I had for sale. Pokinfun asked a couple of questions that I responded to, the first was what size of the collets and the second was how much would shipping be. I’m sorry I couldn’t answer your questions as soon as you sent them, I do have family obligations to attend too. I answered them as quick as I could. The actual buyer sent a firm I’ll take it and said he’s local right after you asked how much shipping cost would be. So, I went off of time stamps, his being the first I’ll take it. If I had to wait for all the tire kickers in line, we’d never get anything sold on this forum.

Also, the comment about the buyer not knowing the size of the collets was way off the mark. He looked at the picture and saw that the collets sizes were written on the lid of the blue box.

I’ve been a member in great standing on this board for 10 years or so and sold hundreds of items and never once had an issue. I’ve lost out on my fair share because I kicked the tires a bit too long. Guess I’ll start putting a disclaimer with rules at the bottom of each one of my ads so prospective buyers know what methodology I’ll be choosing the winner.

P.S. - I was going to apologize and explain through a PM but I guess I wasn’t quick enough for that either...

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those interested, this was an item I had for sale. Pokinfun asked a couple of questions that I responded to, the first was what size of the collets and the second was how much would shipping be. I’m sorry I couldn’t answer your questions as soon as you sent them, I do have family obligations to attend too. I answered them as quick as I could. The actual buyer sent a firm I’ll take it and said he’s local right after you asked how much shipping cost would be. So, I went off of time stamps, his being the first I’ll take it. If I had to wait for all the tire kickers in line, we’d never get anything sold on this forum.

Also, the comment about the buyer not knowing the size of the collets was way off the mark. He looked at the picture and saw that the collets sizes were written on the lid of the blue box.

I’ve been a member in great standing on this board for 10 years or so and sold hundreds of items and never once had an issue. I’ve lost out on my fair share because I kicked the tires a bit too long. Guess I’ll start putting a disclaimer with rules at the bottom of each one of my ads so prospective buyers know what methodology I’ll be choosing the winner.

P.S. - I was going to apologize and explain through a PM but I guess I wasn’t quick enough for that either...
Don't lose any sleep over it, I think most of us here know the true personalities of some members.

Latest posts

Top Bottom