Who has replaced satellite tv with internet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've been cable free for 4 years now. use Netflix and recently picked up a ROku Streaming. We enjoy it. Really don't miss many shows.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We dropped Dish for Cox as soon as cable was available for us. My wife is a weather watcher, particularly when tornados could be present. With Dish the TV wouldn't work if it was just raining.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my wife and i dropped all normal tv many years ago. i dont remember the last time i saw a commercial. 9 bucks a month and all the netflix you can watch.

and no, you dont need normal tv for news and weather, you can get all of that on your phone in near real time faster than having to wait for the news to come on an actual tv.

normal tv and normal phone land lines went the way of the dodo in my house long ago.

+1 on the roku

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yahoo weather app is free and does push notifications(IIRC), but i use the news 9 paid app because it is local(it also does push notifications; NOAA). I also get google alerts for weather but they are generally slower to hit my phone.

scube

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quit satellite about 2 years ago. First a Roku and now just Netflix and Amazon Prime through a web enabled Blu-Ray. I really don't miss having 300 channels of nothing to watch on Satellite.

On a side note. There is not much difference between Amazon Prime TV and Netflix. But with Prime you also get free 2 day shipping on all Amazon purchases so now I buy underwear, toilet paper and all the misc stuff through Amazon so I save money over the store. Free shipping and no sales tax (don't give me the argument that I'm stealing from my community, I'm not. I pay property tax and sales tax on what I but in town. No different than someone on the border of Edmond going to the OKC Wal Mart).

scube

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yahoo weather app is free and does push notifications(IIRC), but i use the news 9 paid app because it is local(it also does push notifications; NOAA). I also get google alerts for weather but they are generally slower to hit my phone.

Same with me. But good old fashioned antenna local channels get news/weather too and are more reliable than satellite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom