Who is your candidate for Republican President TODAY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I hope you got what you wanted. Sorry, one vote may not count for much, but I still don't understand the logic of voting in absentia for someone who is 100% against what I believe in. To each his own.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And, another vote for Hillary.

Not that it matters in OK. Adolf Hitler could be dug up and ran as a corpse and he would win OK if he were a republican. I still feel very confident in my non vote of Romney. In fact, I still firmly believe if Romney had been in office after Sandy Hook, we would have had some additional gun control passed.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that it matters in OK. Adolf Hitler could be dug up and ran as a corpse and he would win OK if he were a republican. I still feel very confident in my non vote of Romney. In fact, I still firmly believe if Romney had been in office after Sandy Hook, we would have had some additional gun control passed.

Well said, I was about to type the same thing. That Massachusetts RINO would have had the support to pass some garbage through because he had a R after his name. Makes me shudder thinking about it.

Last edited:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who would have given him that kind of support?

Never mind! You are both confident in your non-vote for Romney, while the guy who won gave us Obamacare and the world we live in right now. I don't believe I could ever change that kind of mindset.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Never mind! You are both confident in your non-vote for Romney, while the guy who won gave us Obamacare and the world we live in right now. I don't believe I could ever change that kind of mindset.

Romney comes from a state with strict gun laws, license to own, assault weapon ban, magazine limits ,etc. I doubt he is very pro gun.

You also realize obamacare was modeled after Romneycare.

If Romney was the best the GOP could come up with they deserved to lose. Sorry, but that's the way I feel.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if he is pro-gun to any degree, either. I know Obama is NOT. Nor is Hillary. I can find NO reason why I shouldn't vote against them, whoever faces them.

Romney has often acknowledged that "Romneycare" wasn't what it was hyped to be. And, most people who seem to know will tell you that "Romneycare" and "obamacare" are far from the same. Would Romney,, if elected, have instituted anything like Obamacare? I don't think he could have gotten it done. As bad as some of the GOP power structure may be, there just aren't that many of them who could coordinate such a malicious scheme as the Dems managed.

I understand how you feel. I also feel pretty much left out. I just choose to keep fighting for as long as I can. I elect to feel that I'm doing my part by voting.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The GOP could win overwhelmingly with one candidate--Colin Powell. He's 78, and he has been very critical of much of the GOP, but he would win. He would certainly get my vote. Otherwise, no one on the GOP side will get it.

Nominating Trump is a sure ticket to defeat.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think you forget how close we came to getting at least UBCs. It wasn't principled politicians that kept gun control from happening, it was simply the republicans didn't want to give Obama another win. Had there been a president Romney ushering in some type of reform, more than a few Rs would have lent their support for such legislation and the ads would go right along because they are smart enough not to reject a gift of their own policy agenda being enacted. Romney had signed an AWB in Mass so there is no doubt given the horrific nature of Sandy Hook that he would have pushed some type of reform.

Better to have a known opponent than one who you think is on your side but is really more pushing your opponents agenda quietly through.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While the Republicans are bickering about which one of their 16 candidates are better for multiple reasons and they are not going to support the candidate that gets the nod if it is not theirs, the Democrats are united and will support any one candidate with a D beside their name, no matter who it is. Wonder why the republicans have such a hard time winning elections.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I hope you got what you wanted. Sorry, one vote may not count for much, but I still don't understand the logic of voting in absentia for someone who is 100% against what I believe in. To each his own.

You have to be able to look at the long game. If all we do is blindly vote for whatever RINO/Dem-Lite the GOP shoves down our throats, that's all we'll ever get! We have to force them into the understanding that choices have consequences.

While the Republicans are bickering about which one of their 16 candidates are better for multiple reasons and they are not going to support the candidate that gets the nod if it is not theirs, the Democrats are united and will support any one candidate with a D beside their name, no matter who it is. Wonder why the republicans have such a hard time winning elections.

Because the GOP party elite are too stubborn and arrogant to support a conservative (and I mean a true conservative, not a faux-conservative, evangelical statist). :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom