Who is your candidate for Republican President TODAY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He has blatantly said people in big cities should not own semi-autos. What is the grey line here? So all the people in Tulsa and OKC don't get semi autos. Sorry to burst your bubble but he's anti gun which stems from his childhood experience of stabbing another person. Show me where Carson has stated he's wrong. Politicians who pander to voters by switching stances on something are panderers.

Thankyou Blinocac. I really wish you guys would do your due diligence on Carson, he readily admits he's changed his position after learning about the issue and that he was wrong.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd probably go Jeb. Then again, I don't get to looking very close till the primaries are near.

Off topic: I think Al Gore will be a Dem dark horse and will take the Dem primaries. If Trump is it for the Republicans, Gore will be our next president. You heard it hear on OSA first, folks. :)

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_nR9OStZ.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me, the Republicans have several viable candidates but Trump has certainly upset the apple cart. He seems to be an upper management business version of the TEA party, fed up with politics as usual. I could vote for that.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me, the Republicans have several viable candidates but Trump has certainly upset the apple cart. He seems to be an upper management business version of the TEA party, fed up with politics as usual. I could vote for that.

I'm hearing ya!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know....

Doesn't sound to me like there was any difficulty expressing the viewpoint. He was quite clear that he only thought loners who lived out in the boonies around no one else should be allowed to own semi-automatics. That doesn't sound promising to me...

TR that was 2 or 3 years ago. See below. It's recent..

He has blatantly said people in big cities should not own semi-autos. What is the grey line here? So all the people in Tulsa and OKC don't get semi autos. Sorry to burst your bubble but he's anti gun which stems from his childhood experience of stabbing another person. Show me where Carson has stated he's wrong. Politicians who pander to voters by switching stances on something are panderers.

I tend to think this is pretty clear. Maybe you are one that will never believe anyone is entitled to change?

“Both of my older cousins, who we lived with, were killed. I remembered the drug dealers many of whom we liked, because they would bring us candy. As a surgeon, I spent many a night operating on people with gunshot wounds to their heads. All of that is horrible. It is not nearly as horrible as having a population that is defenseless against a group of tyrants who have arms. And that is what we have to bear in mind.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/416786/ben-carson-gun-owners-trust-me

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read what you posted before, too... I just don't inherently trust the double-standard he espoused. And I have a hard time taking it at face value that he has changed so much. He hasn't come right out and said that he has rescinded or changed that particular belief - at least that I have seen. To me, Trump fairly well articulated his change of heart and flat out admitted he was wrong for supporting the "assault weapons" ban. I respect that, rather than someone saying they simply didn't articulate their stance well - which is flat-out wrong... it was perfectly well-articulated at the time. Not saying he's a liar, just saying he hasn't truly (to me) convinced me that he has changed his mind. There's no reason an extremely well-educated professional who entered the political arena at a high level shouldn't have the intelligence to be able to convey his viewpoint. I'm just highly skeptical, is all. He could have easily taken the same stance as Trump (and some others) and simply stated he was wrong in his earlier opinions, but he didn't. He tried to pass it off as simple miscommunication - which it was not.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read what you posted before, too... I just don't inherently trust the double-standard he espoused. And I have a hard time taking it at face value that he has changed so much. He hasn't come right out and said that he has rescinded or changed that particular belief - at least that I have seen. To me, Trump fairly well articulated his change of heart and flat out admitted he was wrong for supporting the "assault weapons" ban. I respect that, rather than someone saying they simply didn't articulate their stance well - which is flat-out wrong... it was perfectly well-articulated at the time. Not saying he's a liar, just saying he hasn't truly (to me) convinced me that he has changed his mind. There's no reason an extremely well-educated professional who entered the political arena at a high level shouldn't have the intelligence to be able to convey his viewpoint. I'm just highly skeptical, is all. He could have easily taken the same stance as Trump (and some others) and simply stated he was wrong in his earlier opinions, but he didn't. He tried to pass it off as simple miscommunication - which it was not.

Well I'm sure he'll get ample opportunity to clarify it. It's still early and most candidates try to keep specifics out and stick to generalities this early. If it turns out you're right I'll drop him like a hot rock. But I follow his Facebook feed and I'm not getting that he's hiding anything. Yet...

Latest posts

Top Bottom