who wants to organize?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? I think the OP's point was this should be a government of the people. And should ANY elected official make any more than the median income for the district he serves? It is after all public service.

Yes, I was speaking to the OP's point.

I think a lot of people aren't aware of what some elected officials make, so when you make blanket calls about cutting compensation for elected officials you should take into consideration what that really means.

Take Tulsa for example. Tulsa City Council members get paid about $18,000.

By the way welcome to the board.

MrBaldy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I was speaking to the OP's point.

I think a lot of people aren't aware of what some elected officials make, so when you make blanket calls about cutting compensation for elected officials you should take into consideration what that really means.

Take Tulsa for example. Tulsa City Council members get paid about $18,000.

By the way welcome to the board.

Thank you for the welcome to the board.
I'm not sure that I made "... blanket calls about cutting compensation...." Perhaps I should have said, no full time elected official should be paid more than the median of his constituents. Surely there are benefits and perks above the base compensation for elected officials. Otherwise they wouldn't spend millions of dollars campaigning for a job that makes a few hundred thousand a year.

After considering "... what that means...", I would hope that we can end up with people doing their public service for a few years with the public good as their sole interest. It's the people that have an "agenda" that I have a problem with.

Landser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A congressman can serve one term and get a life pension some city councils make very little some police cheifs make over 100K a year. Congressional members will never get obamacare they have a nice package already at your expense.

Hunter_55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with Street Rat. OKC912project.com is a good grass roots organization that is trying to work to preserve all of our constitutional freedoms. Two biggies on our list is the protection of the 1st and 2nd amendments. These have been attacked much through the years, but since January us conservatives have been pushed around.

Our goals ARE NOT through violence, but rather through waking up of the silent majority and educating them through the truth. We want to work with our elected officials to let them know they are either working for us, the constituents or they will be voted out. We do not work for the Government. It works for us. It is time we remind them of this through our voting for those willing to serve us through good moral ethics and proper constitutional practices.:Heya:

Latest posts

Top Bottom