Whoa, It's Like Nothing Ever Happened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a bunch listed on a facebook group yesterday for $0.055/rd. Also finding a lot for $0.07 and under prices online just from scanning slickguns. BUT, whats going to happen to prices when Hillary gets elected and immediately starts talking about common sense gun laws?

Prices will skyrocket, people will quit shaving their necks, and Wal-Mart parking lots will look like a Grateful Dead concert by 4 a.m.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can still be tight in some places. The local neckbeardmart gets ten boxes in here and there and they all go out the door with the campers. Drove down to Hot Springs with the wife since her health is slowly getting worse and stopped in to a few places and most were out. Found some 555 and 333 boxes at one and the guy at the counter said it was the first set in five weeks. Grabbed a 555 box for 27 and tax (approx 30.00 total) in Hot Springs. Would have grabbed more but room and fuel was more important. At least I can shoot some steel challenge matches for a couple more months.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been bone dry in Ponca Walmart for around 3 years.
I'll stop in Stilly Academy on occasion. Typically it's the .10 a round Aquila, but I did find some fed 333 packs a couple of times.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the academy in Norman about three weeks ago and they had .22 out next to the regular ammo. I haven't seen that in years. It's usually behind the counter. They had cci 100 round packs, aguila( 2 different kinds) , federal American eagle, and cci quiet ammo. None of it was very expensive. But they had a limit of 500 rounds. I'll take that over what it's been.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the academy in Norman about three weeks ago and they had .22 out next to the regular ammo. I haven't seen that in years. It's usually behind the counter. They had cci 100 round packs, aguila( 2 different kinds) , federal American eagle, and cci quiet ammo. None of it was very expensive. But they had a limit of 500 rounds. I'll take that over what it's been.

I saw that too. My brother and I ended up getting about 800 rounds of mini mags each (2 different visits). That's the first time I've been able to get mini mags in about 2 years. On top of that they were only $7.99/100. When I was there last week, they had a bunch of Aguila and some other stuff, but no more mini mags.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that too. My brother and I ended up getting about 800 rounds of mini mags each (2 different visits). That's the first time I've been able to get mini mags in about 2 years. On top of that they were only $7.99/100. When I was there last week, they had a bunch of Aguila and some other stuff, but no more mini mags.
For whatever reason I didn't think to have my wife grab 500 rounds too. Stupid me. Next one she is grabbing some too. I have a lot of .22 though so it wasn't that big a deal. I just hope this starts becoming the norm.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For whatever reason I didn't think to have my wife grab 500 rounds too. Stupid me. Next one she is grabbing some too. I have a lot of .22 though so it wasn't that big a deal. I just hope this starts becoming the norm.
I normally try not to "hoard", but I've been shooting in Rimfire challenges lately so I've been going through a lot of ammo. [emoji1]

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's my conundrum. I shoot a ton at matches, typically shooting rifle and pistol, but have to restrict to one or the other at times.
Been doing the same and last month I shot at the Oklahoma City and Ponca City clubs. Probably only be shooting at Oklahoma City this month and next month it's possible I will be driving out to my fathers place when the match comes up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We will miss you. Didn't know you were shooting your rifle at the last match or I would have broken mine out that was in the car.
Don't like to be the only one shooting rifle, but when going to okc, there are typically several shooting rifle.
We had a great fun shoot going on at Ponca with little ram, chicken, pig and turkey steel targets that were shot at 25 yds with pistol, and 35 yds using rifle unsupported.
It was speed and accuracy as the chickens were only 3" tall. They had to be shot off the platform. If they got knocked and turned, they counted as a miss unless one could hit that edge.
Good match, but the .22 shortage led to its demise.
For awhile, it was shooting .22 rifle and pistol three weekends a month with USPSA filling in the fourth.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom