Whoa, It's Like Nothing Ever Happened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I, for one, will confess to keeping several 1,000 rounds on hand. Then again, with me, the wife, and 3 kids, when we spend a weekend shooting, we will eat up 1000-1500 rounds easily. And with the scarcity, I want enough on hand to last several weekends.... (The best part is, the wife doesn't complain when there are 5,000-10,000 rounds in cans taking up closet space. :thumbup3:)

If you plan to actually use them within a month or two it's one of those things. I can bet a lot either resell for a profit or just sit on it and it's pretty much the same ones that buy the limit every time with multiple people all buying for the same person. I wouldn't mind having 1500 to 2k on hand but if I shoot two guns at two matches I will burn through that in about 3 months not including a run to the range. Right now I have about 800 on hand. I can see where having five people wanting to each shoot will require a lot more available.

I could have bought 3 555 round boxes and 3 333 boxes in Hot Springs but figured enough to get me by a month or two would do for now rather than to kill another person's chance for fun. I have bought the limit in Guthrie once and only kept one box for myself. The other two were sold to someone who worked during the morning/day and by the time I drove down to OKC I took a loss on it. I do seriously hope that things will get back to business as usual when the oval office is painted red again.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you plan to actually use them within a month or two it's one of those things. I can bet a lot either resell for a profit or just sit on it and it's pretty much the same ones that buy the limit every time with multiple people all buying for the same person. I wouldn't mind having 1500 to 2k on hand but if I shoot two guns at two matches I will burn through that in about 3 months not including a run to the range. Right now I have about 800 on hand. I can see where having five people wanting to each shoot will require a lot more available.

I could have bought 3 555 round boxes and 3 333 boxes in Hot Springs but figured enough to get me by a month or two would do for now rather than to kill another person's chance for fun. I have bought the limit in Guthrie once and only kept one box for myself. The other two were sold to someone who worked during the morning/day and by the time I drove down to OKC I took a loss on it. I do seriously hope that things will get back to business as usual when the oval office is painted red again.
I think the availability is getting better, but like with gas, the price is never going to go back down where it was before everything went down. Which sucks because back then I rarely shot a 22 at all. Now I shoot it 2-3 times a month and go through quite a few rounds when I do.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found my receipt for the box I got in Hot Springs and even with tax at 9.5% the total was 30.53 for 555 rounds. So about 5.5 cents per round, if bulk stays around that area I will be more than happy. I know at one point in time 2c or less per round was the norm but I didn't buy a whole lot of it until I got the SR22 I had a couple years ago. Before that point I had sold my last 22 in 2000 that I had bought in 98.

Latest posts

Top Bottom