Who's Job is it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So how did GE, Wal Mart and Hobby Lobby prevent you from getting a job, a house or health care?

Not sure I understand. It's not that they prevent any of that. What they do is influence government into giving them an unfair advantage over the workforce, thus controlling things like wages, benefits, and the overall economy. Which impacts the citizenry in a somewhat negative way.

Every child born is a potential worker that can be exploited. Now tell me that every company except an individually owned and operated one person shop doesn't exploit a worker or take advantage of the labor force.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So how did GE, Wal Mart and Hobby Lobby prevent you from getting a job, a house or health care?

Not sure I understand. It's not that they prevent any of that. What they do is influence government into giving them an unfair advantage over the workforce, thus controlling things like wages, benefits, and the overall economy. Which impacts the citizenry in a somewhat negative way.

Every child born is a potential worker that can be exploited. Now tell me that every company except an individually owned and operated one person shop doesn't exploit a worker or take advantage of the labor force.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you think Wal Mart became large? People shopped there. Free market what a concept?! If you want to raise minimum wage or even think there should be one, ....I can't help you. Nor can anyone else.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How do you think Wal Mart became large? People shopped there. Free market what a concept?! If you want to raise minimum wage or even think there should be one, ....I can't help you. Nor can anyone else.

Long before Walmart there was a free market. They became what they are today by exploiting trade agreements much to the demise of millions of small local budinesses. They are similar to Slave owners in that they can hold an entire communities workforce hostage by being the only game in town.

As for the minimum wage....your labor would be free if we didn't put that law on the books.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You don't need protection from any of the rest of those as long as you are protected from the Government. When other people are allowed to wield government power against you, that's when you have a problem.

Governments only have the power citizens are willing to give them. Nothing more.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Long before Walmart there was a free market. They became what they are today by exploiting trade agreements much to the demise of millions of small local budinesses. They are similar to Slave owners in that they can hold an entire communities workforce hostage by being the only game in town.

As for the minimum wage....your labor would be free if we didn't put that law on the books.

Sorry, I must as usual, disagree with you. No one held a gun to consumers heads and said they had to shop at wal mart. If wal mart puts mom and pop out of business, that IS the free market. I don't shop at wal mart, and I have not for many years. That's the choice I've made, even if it means paying a little more.

I also refute your minimum wage statement. Minimum wage has hurt more workers than it has helped. It raises the prices of goods, which in turn reduces the purchasing power of the very people it's supposed to help.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lurker, I'm sure your a nice person. Just misguided. My labor would not be free. That would be volunteering. I would be happy to loan you some of my old Econ textbooks. However, you have shown before that you do not grasp even the basic principles of a free market, nor the consequences of a closed market. Do you feel entitled to wine with that government cheese?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Don't want to be taken advantage of? Want to dictate your benefits? Learn a trade, get an education, be the best that you can be at what you do. As much as I despise WalMart, the cooperation is not responsible for an individual's lack of ambition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom