Why do stupid people leave customer reviews?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at a heater on the bass pro website and came across this customer review

"Only gave it a 3 star rating only because I haven't used it yet. Already hot enough here it Texas without turning a heater on.
This heater will be used during the cold months, mainly while deer hunting."

I mean really! You downgrade an item because you are not able to use it yet? Why waste the time to even leave a review?

That almost beats the people that leave reviews when they have not even taken it out of the box yet!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always leave reviews in the places where I've bought items.
I look at the reviews before buying.
I do consider that some may be idiots, before checking the "buy" button.

THAT is what Captain Obvious would do! LOL!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I check out Amazon's Free App of the Day every day and a few days ago they had an app that showed you how to tie certain knots and for what situations these knots are best suited. The description was pretty straight forward, yet I couldn't help but shake my head over one specific 1-star review:

"I got this game because I thought you were trying to undo the knots (I didn't read the description) if you did this game just shows you different types if knots"

Why rate anything low because you admittedly ignore the description? The app was also not a game.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I check out Amazon's Free App of the Day every day and a few days ago they had an app that showed you how to tie certain knots and for what situations these knots are best suited. The description was pretty straight forward, yet I couldn't help but shake my head over one specific 1-star review:

"I got this game because I thought you were trying to undo the knots (I didn't read the description) if you did this game just shows you different types if knots"

Why rate anything low because you admittedly ignore the description?

Because idiots are what makes the world go round. Remember we have to keep dumbing things down.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite reviews are the ones people leave about recipes. Its always this is the best recipe for (insert dish) and my whole family loved it. They then proceed to tell you all the things added or substituted to the original recipe.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite reviews are the ones people leave about recipes. Its always this is the best recipe for (insert dish) and my whole family loved it. They then proceed to tell you all the things added or substituted to the original recipe.

I see this all the time! Or that it did not come out right but they changed a bunch of stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom