Why do we assume Oklahoma legislators will lift a finger for the 2A?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As the "reddest State in the nation", we think our RINO legislators will defend the Second Amendment, but what reason do we have to think our Oklahoma delegation will do anything to protect our Second Amendment rights, when they ALL have worked together to destroy our 4th, 5th, 6th 7th and 8th Amendments?

Oklahoma Republican legislators never met a Patriot Act they didn't like. All Oklahoma legislators approved the DHS purchasing of 1.6 billion rounds of hollow point ammo, ALL Oklahoma Legislators support the end of the 4th Amendment under the FISA, which allows the central government to monitor ALL our electronic activity, cell phone, text messages, internet use and email. Oklahoma Republican legislators ALL support the NDAA, which grants the central government the "right" to indefinitely detain anywhere in the world for life, torture and assassinate ANY American they want, without any trial.

Now I understand that most Oklahomans are hopelessly frightened of their own shadow and depend on the Federal government to do anything it wants for perceived safety, which is why we fully accept our legislator's acts of what would once be considered treason. We re-elect politicians again and again who trample the Constitution and Bill of Rights, so elimination of liberty and central control must be what Oklahomans like. Generally, we do as we are told by Fox News and the so-called "conservative" radio hosts, so since they are all calling for gun bans, Oklahomans will surely follow the herd.

What makes a single Oklahoman believe that ANY of OUR legislators who we re-elect precisely because they stripped us of our 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Amendments with the Patriot Act, NDAA and hundreds of other treasonous acts, would defend the Second Amendment?

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because we can and will vote their asses out of office if they do not. Of that I am absolutely certain.

We vote no asses out. We KISS their ass and reelect them over and over!

Every single Oklahoma legislator has fully supported the elimination of the nearly every Amendment of the Bill of Rights and we think they will protect what's left of the 2A? Why do we re-elect people who are proven to strip liberties and trample the Constitution, while heaping thanks and praise upon them?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Permitting for concealed carry has always been pretty easy, now open carry is available, and they are considering legislation for allowing teachers to carry in schools. 2A legislation is moving in the right direction in most places around the country, and I don't see that changing. It's certainly sad what they have done as well as tried to do to inhibit all our rights, and we need to fight to get them back(all of them). The only way you can be certain of your local politicians stance on firearms is to ask, then watch how they vote; if you don't like how they are voting let them know(as well as the community), and get someone better in office. I know that is often times easier said than done(voting them out), just look where I am at......but that is the only way to ensure our rights are protected(electing the right people).

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have just one question that I’d like to have answered concerning our loosing of rights. After 9/11 attacks every American wanted the federal government to find and persecute the people responsible for those attacks. It was said back then that extraordinary means would need to be taken, that some semblance of loss of privacy and rights would be needed to find and bring those responsible to justice, thus the Patriot Acts. Ok, here’s the part I don’t understand, those PA’s were passed and people were caught and still being caught with the controversial techniques. But in the same breath, a lot of gov critics hammer the gov for not knowing that these attacks were being planned in the first place. Can you imagine the outcry if the gov rescinded the PA’s and another attack occurred and the gov didn’t stop it? Or if the gov released a terrorist after 24hrs and he blows up a building the next day. It’s along the same lines of we the people want you to extract information from individuals, but we’re banning waterboarding. Kind of a rock and a hard place kind of deal to me.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because we can and will vote their asses out of office if they do not. Of that I am absolutely certain.

I agree...any OK Republican who openly supports a weapons ban will lose their next re-election attempt. It wouldn't even be that hard to run against them...flood the airwaves with commercials about the Congressman who took your guns away...

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree...any OK Republican who openly supports a weapons ban will lose their next re-election attempt. It wouldn't even be that hard to run against them...flood the airwaves with commercials about the Congressman who took your guns away...

Under current conditions, I agree. But what if there are several more terrible mass shootings and there is a nation-wide massive outpouring of support for a gun ban from the media and the public. Our politicians would then argue that they had to go along and support the ban in order to get a few compromises and keep it from being even worse. "It is a rotten deal and I hate but it was the best we could do."

Latest posts

Top Bottom