Why haven't you tried some competitive shooting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have tried shooting in 3 matches, enjoyed them for as long as i could last. i am old, fat and not in shape and just cannot stand around for hours as the rest of the squad shoots. if the outdoor ranges would provide a bench or something to sit on while waiting i would be all for it, but my knees and hips just can't take standing around.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to a USPSA match. Pistol only is cheaper.

Or go to an IDPA match; the gear requirements are pretty low and you only shoot like 9 rounds per stage.

Also, even if you don't have "competitive" gear, you can still make do:

I'd like to point out that I did not come in last.

That was GREAT ! I think you just created your own division there :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have tried shooting in 3 matches, enjoyed them for as long as i could last. i am old, fat and not in shape and just cannot stand around for hours as the rest of the squad shoots. if the outdoor ranges would provide a bench or something to sit on while waiting i would be all for it, but my knees and hips just can't take standing around.

Lots of people bring a chair. The little foldable ones are cheap and lite to carry around

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might be surprised ... I've seen kids their ages at matches who are better behaved and safer than the grown ups ...

they have their moments...but even with each having their own 22 I only get limited time out of them...and most of it is helping them anymore. built the new AR and have put maybe 3 or 400 rounds down it. built becky's and have had it out once

we are too dang busy (yet again) lately

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright I'll go. Quit calling me a Nancy because I haven't done it already. I feel like I'm a kid in church and someone told the preacher what I did last week. You all came here just to tell me to grow a pair and show up. I got the message. See you soon.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright I'll go. Quit calling me a Nancy because I haven't done it already. I feel like I'm a kid in church and someone told the preacher what I did last week. You all came here just to tell me to grow a pair and show up. I got the message. See you soon.

Bwahahahaha! All of this was just for YOU?!?!?!! Well, aren't you special??!?!?!? (And the answer to that is "Yes, you are!" :) ) Hope you've been doing some reading! Don't sweat it man, just go and have fun! You will LOVE it!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot my first USPSA Match in Ponca last year. The first stage of my first match had a Polish Plate Rack, talk about stressful. My work schedule doesnt allow me to shoot matches much anymore but everyone needs to try it at least once. Even if you dont have the gear just show up and someone there will loan you what you need.

Polish plate rack, two Texas Stars, a Swinging Texas star, and more steel than any other match I've been to around the state. Thats just on monthly matches.
We also have a High Cap hose down match once a year, and since its becoming so popular, maybe twice a year, you get to shoot 360 rounds + at one match in just a few hours.
How much fun is that????:D

And we give away some awesome trophies at the Ponca City Range major matches.

If you want to shoot a match with tons of steel (literally) you need to be here.

these trophies are the real deal pepper poppers that have medallions with the shooters name, division, and placement.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_dennishoddy1_BA0DFe5300ad5ec9c7d451e9f01fe46e282bd.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_dennishoddy1_30A725dc616abb18e8007abb32a40b2afbdcd.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom