Why haven't you tried some competitive shooting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ammo is expensive? yeah that's what I will say next. the kids love to shoot but seriously attention span and patience lacking. I could maybe see my youngest out of all of them enjoying it - dunno bout my boy....the oldest meh she is hit and miss. My money for toys especially for something like this is tied up til after June (wedding).

Thats cool. When my family was racing three wheelers, I had restrictions on the kids. C+ grades or better, or you stayed home for the weekend. They didn't think it was a serious requirement until one stayed home one weekend that cost him the state championship. I can assure you, the next racing season, his grades were well above my requirements.

Great way to help them through school.

Its no different than them playing football, or what ever. Still have to meet eligibility requirements.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been to a couple competitions and while they look fun, they're just not my cup of tea. I'm not into organized, structured shooting with an audience and score keeping - when I go to the range, it's by myself or with one or two friends, and we keep it VERY informal. Also, I like being able to shoot when I want, and leave when I want - waiting my turn to shoot isn't my idea of fun :-P I got a taste of competition shooting through an advanced combat pistol shooting class, and while that was fun, I just didn't feel the urge to get involved in the actual competition side of things. Maybe someday, who knows.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked the matches at oil capital. Don't get me wrong, but it costs money for ammo and whatnot. And you gotta have your competition guns not in the pawn shop.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been to a couple competitions and while they look fun, they're just not my cup of tea. I'm not into organized, structured shooting with an audience and score keeping - when I go to the range, it's by myself or with one or two friends, and we keep it VERY informal. Also, I like being able to shoot when I want, and leave when I want - waiting my turn to shoot isn't my idea of fun :-P I got a taste of competition shooting through an advanced combat pistol shooting class, and while that was fun, I just didn't feel the urge to get involved in the actual competition side of things. Maybe someday, who knows.

Perplexed is a rebel who plays by NOBODY'S rules.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, Jesse, he has guns ... probably more than you and me put together ... He's just dicking with me ... Now, if you want to lend him a pair of pants, that might work ...

I bet I have less guns than the average OSA'r. I don't stock pile AK's, AR's or Glocks like most folks. Every gun I have either shoots a specific division in a match or lies in wait in my desk, nightstand, or truck.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Did you actually shoot in a IDPA, USPSA, 3 gun or some other match or just watch? The reason I ask is that shooting is about 10x more fun than it looks from the outside.

I have to agree about the "waiting my turn to shoot isn't my idea of fun" I am very impatient and it sucks to sit around so much. Good thing there are good people at these matches to keep us laughing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom