Why? Simply why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I SMFH when watching the weather reporters standing out in hurricane force winds, dressed in slickers telling people that this is a life-threatening event and they must evacuate immediately.
If it's that life threatening, what the heck are YOU doing there?

Or this.

Wife and I saw that last clip live on TV. We called him "Dances With Wind." Yes, we laughed out loud.

Woody

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Local news stations telling people how to dress, drive, prepare for cold snap they say is coming.

Ask yourself how many people need to hear that and has no knowledge of what to do.

I had a shake my head ask why moment.
In the fall of 1970 my wife and I moved to Woodward. We both were hired by their school system.

Living in NE Oklahoma my entire life I had no knowledge of western Oklahoma. One of the first things the athletic director Frank Shive told me was to purchase everything on a list he had given me and store it in my car!🙄. Well we did as he said but couldn’t figure why. On February 16, 1971, Woodward received 26 inches of snow in 24 hrs😱😱. We had never seen that much snow back then nor to this day!!

Frank Shives list suddenly made a LOT of sense!😁. Information by locals can sometimes save your life.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Local news stations telling people how to dress, drive, prepare for cold snap they say is coming.

Ask yourself how many people need to hear that and has no knowledge of what to do.

Because many people are actually not fit to survive bad weather even though we do this every year in this bipolar state.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sadly, many, many people don’t realize they can get stuck, cars can break down, wrecks can happen… or optimism bias kicks in (won’t happen to me).

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try talking with some Gen Z. You will understand why the sNews media is telling them.

I seen 3 girls walking to school, yesterday morning. They were in front of the house, when I let the dog out.

All 3 were wearing a hoodie, shorts and flip flops.

I opened door and one says, "hi, it's freezing out here."

ETA: too be fair, these 3 were wearing the same outfits in JULY.
This is so true. A years ago I was leaving work the temp was around 20 or worse. There was a car broke down on the interstate and 4 young idiots were dressed in t shirts and shorts looking around the open hood. I honked and waved at them. By the time I saw them it was too late for me to stop. But they had cell phones, so I hoped it turned out okay for them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom