Why we will defend Taiwan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No argument about regulations, but American labor is always worth what it costs. Yes, it makes goods more expensive, but at least that money stays in a domestic economy. We all complain about China kicking our butts but can't wait to send em more money come pay day.

I sort of agree. I like buying American and do WHEN I can afford the US made product. That happens less and less. In many cases unions have priced the US worker out of the market and made it impossible for people to afford their products. I know some will say if everyone was union that would not be a problem, but that is just the big labor bosses wanting more money and power.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear you. But if it weren't for unions, we'd never made it to the boom in the 50's. Oil and gas wouldn't have become the industry it is. Good pay for hard work. A standardized work week. PTO, investment accounts, retirement accounts, etc. America wouldn't been what it once was, prosperous for you older generations.

We've got more workers now than we have jobs, margins have never been higher, median pay has never been lower thanks to inflation all because CEO's no longer run companies.... Wall Street does.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you. But if it weren't for unions, we'd never made it to the boom in the 50's. Oil and gas wouldn't have become the industry it is. Good pay for hard work. A standardized work week. PTO, investment accounts, retirement accounts, etc. America wouldn't been what it once was, prosperous for you older generations.

We've got more workers now than we have jobs, margins have never been higher, median pay has never been lower thanks to inflation all because CEO's no longer run companies.... Wall Street does.

Good luck revising history.

Despite what the folks on the "Democrat Plantation" and your liberal coloring books may tell you, unions are an outdated business model. Kind of like how slavery became an outdated model for manufacturing, unions today provide little value beyond a vehicle for their leadership to get rich while getting gratuitous hand jobs from any politician within arm's reach.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck revising history.

Despite what the folks on the "Democrat Plantation" and your liberal coloring books may tell you, unions are an outdated business model. Kind of like how slavery became an outdated model for manufacturing, unions today provide little value beyond a vehicle for their leadership to get rich while getting gratuitous hand jobs from any politician within arm's reach.

Where in the world did you read "we need more unions"?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong. It is over regulation and high labor cost, along with a lawsuit happy public. Trump did good in bringing some manufacturing back by cutting regulations. The Biden admin is already moving to put those regulations back and add more.

I agree with BS regulations, higher costs and sue happy people. There are a few problems we also have connected to what you mentioned that people don’t realize. NAFTA. The old NAFTA of Clinton. It sped up the decline of our countries manufacturing and industries. Under that it magnified global trading of products at a much astronomical rate.

America benefited from cheap products at the cost of American jobs. We can’t just bring jobs back and expect those products to sell here when you have products being imported from other countries that have slave labor being used to make it. If we determine that both products are equal, the American products will not be able to compete. The only way to combat that would be to enact tariffs on the form products like back during the Reagan administration. Trump did do that to an extent. That would stimulate the sale of American products but on the other hand all the products would be more expensive.

I agree the fraudulent Clown in office will be messing things up. I think the goal is to decimate our economy and a cause krap load of inflation. That in part is to devalue their massive debt. Screw the citizens of the republic

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with BS regulations, higher costs and sue happy people. There are a few problems we also have connected to what you mentioned that people don’t realize. NAFTA. The old NAFTA of Clinton. It sped up the decline of our countries manufacturing and industries. Under that it magnified global trading of products at a much astronomical rate.

America benefited from cheap products at the cost of American jobs. We can’t just bring jobs back and expect those products to sell here when you have products being imported from other countries that have slave labor being used to make it. If we determine that both products are equal, the American products will not be able to compete. The only way to combat that would be to enact tariffs on the form products like back during the Reagan administration. Trump did do that to an extent. That would stimulate the sale of American products but on the other hand all the products would be more expensive.

I agree the fraudulent Clown in office will be messing things up. I think the goal is to decimate our economy and a cause krap load of inflation. That in part is to devalue their massive debt. Screw the citizens of the republic

Agreed. Anything to help his master in China.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was not commenting on the quantity or the need for more. It was to your fawning over them.

And what about that wasn't true of the past? You said yourself it was an outdated business model, so I'd bet my reference and your reference are saying the exact same thing. No need to be name-calling with your naked aggression newb.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Agreed. It's an interesting catch-22. On one hand, so many benefit from cheap imported products, but on the back side it seems to have hurt us as a whole as the buying power continues to lessen in this country. It blurs the line on who exactly is the many and who is the few.

Latest posts

Top Bottom