Why you should buy a Dillon Press...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always see people ask if they should get a Dillon or something else. I too asked this question when I was ready to purchase my first press. The answer was overwhelmingly yes, but only because of the deals you could get through Brian Enos. Nevertheless I purchased a 550B with all the bells and loaded a lot on it. A year ago I purchased a "slightly" used XL650.

I say "slightly" because that is how it was described to me by the old man I purchased it from. Well slightly couldn't be further from the truth, it was missing parts, wasn't setup correctly and was very old, Pre-1997 old. Well, it was blue and it was a Dillon so I had faith they would help me get it up and going. Boy did they take care of me!

From sending all sorts of missing or broken parts to sending me a complete new platform to bring the press up to current generation standards. The phone support is second to none, and if anything doesn't sound right they ship you out new parts with no questions asked. I'm a business owner and find there service to so good I don't know how they stay in business.

I now operate a 550b and a XL650 and love the color blue. If you are looking for a press, buy a Dillon. New or used, buy a Dillon and trust they stand behind, in front of and on their product. You will never go wrong with a Dillon!

I'm not paid by them, but would gladly take a job with them any day of the week!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started loading on a single stage press that my father in law gave me about 30 years ago. Then somewhere around 2002 I saw a Dillon Square Deal "B" on display. The dealer showed it to me and I was hooked. Not long after I was able to buy a sub machinegun and I loaded till I thought my right arm was going to fall off. And then came the day I saw the 650. I sold all my square deal stuff and have been with the 650 ever since. As I load today, I wish I had known about the Dillons 30 years ago.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

My 550B has done all I wanted for years. I used to have a SDB about 20 years ago that also worked well.

I sell a reloading monitor (and also just a plain round counter) for all Dillon presses that watches actions and alters you if you forget to rotate the shell plate, short stroke the press, etc.

Good luck,

Alan

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with you. I bought a SDB about 16 years ago and a 650 a year later. Last week I had one worn out part and one broken part. I called they and they said we'll get them right out to you. I had the parts in 4 days. They have taken care of me every time.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a square deal used and it wouldn't feed primers correctly. Called them and spent 30 min on the phone, he went through the whole press with me and determined that the priming system was bad, so he sent me a new priming assembly. Dillon is the best hands down.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dillon standing behind their stuff is unlike any other product I've ever seen.

I had a 550 that I left in the shed too long. Along with some chlorine for the pool.

Over time, alot of rust and stuff accumulated on the press.

I called Dillon and asked for an estimate for repair. They said send it in.

I did.

It came back completely rebuilt. I searched the box and couldn't find a charge slip.

Called them up and said "hey, this was my fault."

They said "Doesn't matter. we stand behind everything."

They wouldn't even let me pay for the shipping.

Dave

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm with you I bought a 550 15 years ago from a buddy who had it for 15 years or so.
Wore some parts plum out & called to purchase new ones nope. Dropped the powder measure & broke it, sent me a new one when I wanted to pay. I have not moved on to the 650 I have so many tool heads for the 550 I could not replace them all
true blue for their service

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always see people ask if they should get a Dillon or something else. I too asked this question when I was ready to purchase my first press. The answer was overwhelmingly yes, but only because of the deals you could get through Brian Enos. Nevertheless I purchased a 550B with all the bells and loaded a lot on it. A year ago I purchased a "slightly" used XL650.

I say "slightly" because that is how it was described to me by the old man I purchased it from. Well slightly couldn't be further from the truth, it was missing parts, wasn't setup correctly and was very old, Pre-1997 old. Well, it was blue and it was a Dillon so I had faith they would help me get it up and going. Boy did they take care of me!

From sending all sorts of missing or broken parts to sending me a complete new platform to bring the press up to current generation standards. The phone support is second to none, and if anything doesn't sound right they ship you out new parts with no questions asked. I'm a business owner and find there service to so good I don't know how they stay in business.

I now operate a 550b and a XL650 and love the color blue. If you are looking for a press, buy a Dillon. New or used, buy a Dillon and trust they stand behind, in front of and on their product. You will never go wrong with a Dillon!

I'm not paid by them, but would gladly take a job with them any day of the week!

Amen to all of this.

Phadrian

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experiences has been this good with Dillon I acquired a XL650 it was totally ruined. When I sent it in Dillon charge me the price of a new press less 20% I expected to pay much less So Dillon doesn't fix everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom