Why you should buy a Dillon Press...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 1050 is the only press that doesn't come with the factory "No BS warranty." They consider it to be a commercial machine. I've read posts on other sites where people have broken parts on their 1050's and they still sent them the parts for free. De-capping pins are not covered on the warranty either. I just use a Lee Universal decapper when I start my brass prep.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experiences has been this good with Dillon I acquired a XL650 it was totally ruined. When I sent it in Dillon charge me the price of a new press less 20% I expected to pay much less So Dillon doesn't fix everything.

Wow this is the first time I've ever heard a story like that... Sorry to hear it

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ordering a new XL 650 next week. Can't wait.

Are you planning on upgrading it at all?

My experiences has been this good with Dillon I acquired a XL650 it was totally ruined. When I sent it in Dillon charge me the price of a new press less 20% I expected to pay much less So Dillon doesn't fix everything.

I dont get it. You send them a "totally ruined " press that you didn't buy new and most likely was not broken due to anything that Dillon did. what did you expect them to do?

Phadrian

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you planning on upgrading it at all?

I dont get it. You send them a "totally ruined " press that you didn't buy new and most likely was not broken due to anything that Dillon did. what did you expect them to do?
My point is as some posters have said they didn't pay a dime to get their Dillon's fixed that was not the case with me. I paid alot more than a dime. Also Dillon charged me 75.00 plus shipping to refurbish my 550 press. So I do not know where people are saying they got things from Dillon for free.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If u send a press in for fixing, they charge you. If u troubleshoot on the phone they send parts to fix.
not necessarily ... purchased a used 550 from an OSA member ... what a mistake! missing some parts, duplicates of others, what a mess! ... spoke with Dillon who charged me $$$ ... ended paying much higher than new by the time Dillon was finished with me.

moral of the story is buy a NEW Dillon ...

Last edited:

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any others with good or bad experiences with Dillon? My storage unit was burglarized yesterday, so all of my old reloading equipment, & my shop tools & furniture is gone. Sucks, but the insurance should cover a new press & setup. Planning on a dillon right now, but if its a bad deal, please let me know.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my dillon press. Called yesterday to get some parts that I lost and that were wore out. It took a few days to get them on the phone. It was busy every time I called. Their website said it would be a few weeks to get an order out. So I called direct. What they had in stock they said it would go out this week. Thanks Dillon. You rock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom