Widespread cellular outage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take a good book out on the porch. That’s what I’ve been doing in this nice weather. William Manchester’s “The Glory and the Dream” is my current read.

Now you've done it... All the youngsters had to run off and Google 'book' to see what you're talking about. Prolly cause the Google to crash and burn.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ATT Outage Map

1708612876378.png

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
150k phones across the US and Canada on several providers combines doesn't seem like that many, but maybe that's just me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now you've done it... All the youngsters had to run off and Google 'book' to see what you're talking about. Prolly cause the Google to crash and burn.
It would if they had cellular service.

The report I saw this morning said that the outage affected AT$T, Verizon, and T-Mobile (my carrier), and that it was affecting people from coast to coast, but only about 32,000 of AT$T’s users. DownDetector is currently reporting about 72,000 AT$T users are affected, and it’s affecting users across nearly all carriers (which isn’t surprising, considering that most cellular carriers are just reselling time on other providers’ towers).

That’s a widespread outage, but not very many people affected, relatively speaking.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks to me like the problem is at AT$T, and the other people affected are either on MVNOs that piggyback on AT$T or they’re roaming on AT$T’s network. The DownDetector graphs show roughly the same curves for all of the major carriers, but the numbers are much smaller (I think Verizon’s numbers were the biggest, but they were only running around 4,500).

Latest posts

Top Bottom