Winter weather on the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Switch to beer and frozen pizza for one day.
Last year i went to walmart when the power was out at my house, and i saw one of my neighbors loading up a bunch of those, so i asked him how he was gonna cook it and if he wanted to borrow my grill. He said he hadnt though of how to cook em.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will agree with you on the first point, though: I'm not a fan of people, either, and this kind of situation shows just how stupid they are. What'll we get, a half inch on the grass? Good God.

I get so sick of people acting as if a few days of cold weather in THE WINTER and a bit of frozen water is akin to surviving the holocaust. "Oh, I pray it doesn't get bad. Let's hope for an early spring." Bad? Bad? You mean....cold? Cold in...winter? And by cold you mean average temperatures for this time of year? And it's always from some goober that is not even required to be outside, too. I mean if you're a lineman or something, and the thought of any winter weather brings back memories of working on no sleep during an ice storm...go ahead and complain. But if I have to hear one more office worker call snow "bad" I'm gonna ****.

"You never know what it's gonna do in Oklahoma, remember what happened last year?"
Yeah, I do. I remember a huge, powerful, never-before-seen storm looming in the forecast along with intrusions of the coldest air this part of the country has seen in recorded history. That's comparable to this 1/4" of liquid precip and barely below freezing temps we're about to experience how? Are you finished using your vocal cords to convert stupid thoughts into annoying sounds or should I set this stuff down and choke you?

danger prone

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
image-2609409556.jpg

Getting slick in western Oklahoma

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went ahead and bought a duce and a half for this one. Figured I could get enough milk and bread in the back of it to keep the family sustained for the 36 hour period before the next delivery trucks could make it to the loading dock at Homeland.

That and what is better than 6x6 when there is 2" of snow on the ground. Also if ice does come I won't really care what I slide into.
Like your thinking. Nothing like REALLY being prepared.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
050.JPG

Feb. 2011. Redneck Cadillac on a drop bracket lift and wide-ass tires (looked to be 35's) couldn't get a bite and was abandoned in the middle of the road. Drove right around him in my little Jap truck on skinny 33's like it weren't no thang, baby.

I was nervous I might get stuck at first, but if you look at the tracks going around the Redneck Cadillac there...those were made by a Camry (most likely driven by an OSA poster who "spent a few months up north when he was younger") that went right around him while I sat there watching. I figured since he made it in that Camry I could make it in my Taco...

.....oh wait that Camry part NEVER HAPPENED. :D

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to see a good snow storm at least once a year. It seems like it snowed a lot more when I was younger. Hardly ever get a good snow these days. Last year being an exception. I call B.S. on anyone who says they went anywhere in a two wheel drive anything especially a camary the first day the snow hit last year. I don't remember what the rest of the state was like but it drifted up over 3 and 4 foot deep in Muskogee county. It was 2 foot deep on the Muskogee Turnpike. Maybe after a day and it was beat down, but the day it was coming down and they were shutting down the roads, noway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom