• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Wood Chipper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looking for a bargain priced chipper so that I can chip any "limbs" or branches and create our own compost.. The puppy we picked up for this just isn't performing up to our expectations.. Thank you..

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Profreedomokie is spot on. Bargain and chippers do not belong in the same sentence. If you’re looking for a cheaper way to go and you have the room may I suggest you store your limbs and rent a commercial grade chipper when your pile has gotten to the point it has to go into mulch. A 5 inch chipper will not handle a 5 inch diameter hardwood limb. Go larger. A disk chipper will give a more consistent size chip than a drum style machine. If you want to own instead of rent look in an area that has lots of trees. Better chance to find one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have a friend that used to run a tool rental business. He told me don't waste your money on the ones sold at Sears, Lowes, and Home Depot etc.,etc..
Buddy we know bought a craftsman a few years back. I've had to weld that thing back up more than once after it shook itself apart.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well it wasn't long after I posted this and 1 of our fine members sent me a pm saying he had 1.. An OLDER 20+ yo craftsman.. 8 hp briggs for what I'd consider a fair price so long as it lives a while longer.. It took me a few weekends to meet up with him, my doing.. The 3rd Paul that I've met off the board , damn we have a lot of Pauls here.. Anyway now to chip up some branches and see if this is going to be a worthwhile endeavor.. Thanks bro..

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well it wasn't long after I posted this and 1 of our fine members sent me a pm saying he had 1.. An OLDER 20+ yo craftsman.. 8 hp briggs for what I'd consider a fair price so long as it lives a while longer.. It took me a few weekends to meet up with him, my doing.. The 3rd Paul that I've met off the board , damn we have a lot of Pauls here.. Anyway now to chip up some branches and see if this is going to be a worthwhile endeavor.. Thanks bro..

Keep us posted. Curious

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

I've probably got the same machine.

It's not going to do big branches, the chute to the side does 1-2" at best, and it is a pain to do them, have to jam them in there.

The shredder part is a PITA as well, the "strainer" on the outboard side easily clogs and is a PITA to get out and in. The bottom drop means stuff piles up underneath it and has to be moved away frequently.

I got a great deal on mine, and have used it a lot, for what I spent it is OK, but I wouldn't buy the same one again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom