Wooo-whooo the "real" refs are back ... tenatively ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, everyone's reporting that we will have "real" referees for tonight's game. I feel bad for the replacement refs ... they were put in an untenable situation. But I'm really, really glad to have the experienced guys back. These last 3 weeks have been really painful to watch ...

They need to do something with the good Commissioner ... He's gonna take all the fun out of football if someone doesn't talk to him ...

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's really the owners vs refs and Goodell is catching it from both sides. Although I'm sure he's in the owner's pockets. I heard Ed Hercules was already getting pumped up and doing push ups!

i631.photobucket.com_albums_uu38_imagesforautos_Football_20Images_HochuliEd.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's really the owners vs refs and Goodell is catching it from both sides. Although I'm sure he's in the owner's pockets. I heard Ed Hercules was already getting pumped up and doing push ups!

i631.photobucket.com_albums_uu38_imagesforautos_Football_20Images_HochuliEd.jpg

No doubt ... But he wasn't catching it from both sides until the players and fans got involved. He was perfectly willing to let the owners try and push the refs around. The man has no balls ... IMHO, of course, no personal knowledge here ... ;)

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would come back to if they raised my pay to over 200k for reffing games! Because the 149k they were making just isn't enough to live on. Give me a break.

Pay rise from $149,000 a year to $173,000 in 2013, and to $205,000 by 2019

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would come back to if they raised my pay to over 200k for reffing games! Because the 149k they were making just isn't enough to live on. Give me a break.

My thoughts exactly. I also feel bad for the replacements. They've been catching hell for doing their jobs while the "real" refs were whining for money. I think we should thank the replacements for keeping football season alive.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Pay rise from $149,000 a year to $173,000 in 2013, and to $205,000 by 2019

why shouldn't they get paid??? this isn't pee wee league

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Didn't say anything about not getting paid but those salaries are f'ing rediculous, just like the players. I literally save peoples lives every damn day and don't make anything like that. Shows where priorities lie in society. They'll get zero sympathy from me.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should get paid..... that's a fraction..... and I mean a SMALL fraction of one large contract in the NFL. Obviously they are just as important, unfortunately it took reality to prove this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom