World’s largest airplane. It’s being built by a billionaire. It’s getting ready to fly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, they're selling it already?

One of the dumbest aero-designs ever created IMO. The stress on that connecting wing during turbulence must be horrendous.
:drunk2:

My thoughts exactly when seeing the first design.
But modern fly by wire technology probably uses the engines and flaps to make the stress neutral.
Most of the fighter jets used now couldn’t fly with a stick and rudder configuration.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly when seeing the first design.
But modern fly by wire technology probably uses the engines and flaps to make the stress neutral.
Most of the fighter jets used now couldn’t fly with a stick and rudder configuration.
Most fighter jets probably won't break in half if the computer hiccups in level flight for a couple seconds either.

I'm guessin' there's a reason they're dumping this albatross so soon after completion.
:drunk2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even as early as the F-4 phantom, one of the first fly by wire fighters it was deemed not flyable in its first configuration.
The computer is the only thing that kept it airborne until engineers redeveloped the tail section into a design never seen before or since.
The F/4 is still popular around the world in foreign governments.

6cb7cba2302ca78ae16e0ce8d21354d8.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most fighter jets probably won't break in half if the computer hiccups in level flight for a couple seconds either.
When I was a student employee in college, we had a list of famous software bugs posted on the wall. One of them involved a then-modern fighter (could've been the F-16, but it has been too long); it had a lovely bug that would invert the plane when it crossed the equator.

Latest posts

Top Bottom