World War Z!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry, friend who saw it said it was a cure. It was a vaccine that made it easy to kill them according to Wikipedia. The only "vaccine" in the book was a rabies vaccine that was mass marketed as a vaccine against the disease but didn't work. One guy in the book made a fortune marketing a fake vaccine called Phalanx.

It basically makes them not see you, sort of

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They changed China to Korea (or some other Asian country) for patient zero, they came up with a "cure" that was never in the book, and they made the zombies run. That fundamentally changes what the book was about and therefore negates the point of them using the title of the book for the movie. Call it Zombie Apocalypse or something, but don't ruin a good book by using it's title.

I hate it when zombie movies don't play by the rules from The Night of the Living dead with slow zombies.

I hope if the dead ever do rise that a shot to the head works and they don't move fast.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate it when zombie movies don't play by the rules from The Night of the Living dead with slow zombies.

I hope if the dead ever do rise that a shot to the head works and they don't move fast.

Indeed. Being dead is a disability, not a superpower.

However, it seems the "zombies" in the movie aren't really zombies, but just infected people? Like in "28 Days Later"?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gave it another chance Sunday afternoon taking a kid who hadnt seen it yet because she didnt go with us on Saturday. I actually stayed awake this time and it was a more enjoyable movie than I previously had reported. Maybe because I stayed awake this time to watch it all the way through.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a good movie. My wife went with me to see it. She doesn't do horror or zombie movies, but she wanted to give this one a chance. She liked it. It was a good movie, I one that you could take younger kids too who want to get into horror/zombies, but are not ready for disemboweling. Honestly, that's the part I hate about zombie movies is the massive gore, I just don't care for it.

I thought the movie was pretty good.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I read through the reviews if you esteemed members of OSA, maybe I can sum it up as follows:

For those of us who like "traditional" zombies ala Walking Dead or George Romero, this movie was disappointing and a bit slow.

For those of us with kids, it was an enjoyable and acceptable "family horror movie."

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As I read through the reviews if you esteemed members of OSA, maybe I can sum it up as follows:

For those of us who like "traditional" zombies ala Walking Dead or George Romero, this movie was disappointing and a bit slow.

I

For those of us with kids, it was an enjoyable and acceptable "family horror movie."

It's actually more of a disaster movie. If you look at it like that its actually pretty good. I took my three kids to it and my six year old made a point of telling me she wasn't scared.

Latest posts

Top Bottom