Would you change the looks of this AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd change it to something like this.

379693.jpg

But that's just me.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been watching videos on painting an AR and found some methods I like. What do you guys think of these?

So easy a child can do it. Lol.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been watching videos on painting an AR and found some methods I like. What do you guys think of these?

So easy a child can do it. Lol.

I tried the dish soap idea out the other day. I honestly really like it, you can make some neat looking stuff. But… it’s really mostly a micro pattern, rather than macro. The problem with that is if it’s too dark or too light of a micropattern then you’re just gonna look like a blob of whatever the prevailing color is at a distance. So that’s where macro patterns come in.

With the rifle I’ll attach a picture of later, I did a macro pattern (big fat stripes), followed by a dish soap paint job laid out on top.
I think if I were to do it again, I would do two perpendicular dish soap jobs on top of each other, with a macro (few big stripes) over the top of that with the dish soap paint job visible between the strips. I’m still torn on if I wanna try it again with the rifle I’m building, or just kinda strip the paint off this guy and try again.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I tried the dish soap idea out the other day. I honestly really like it, you can make some neat looking stuff. But… it’s really mostly a micro pattern, rather than macro. The problem with that is if it’s too dark or too light of a micropattern then you’re just gonna look like a blob of whatever the prevailing color is at a distance. So that’s where macro patterns come in.

With the rifle I’ll attach a picture of later, I did a macro pattern (big fat stripes), followed by a dish soap paint job laid out on top.
I think if I were to do it again, I would do two perpendicular dish soap jobs on top of each other, with a macro (few big stripes) over the top of that with the dish soap paint job visible between the strips. I’m still torn on if I wanna try it again with the rifle I’m building, or just kinda strip the paint off this guy and try again.
I was thinking of doing wide patterns of dish soap to make stripes instead of making stencils.

I'm not really concerned with having a camo look as much as having something that looks better than the weird camo Cerakote it has now.

I was going to just paint it solid FDE but I'm looking at other options.

Latest posts

Top Bottom