Would you change the looks of this AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing wide patterns of dish soap to make stripes instead of making stencils.

I'm not really concerned with having a camo look as much as having something that looks better than the weird camo Cerakote it has now.

I was going to just paint it solid FDE but I'm looking at other options.
The soap definitely makes for crisper lines, which is more aesthetically pleasing.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_2711.jpeg
IMG_2712.jpeg

Left is my normal macro pattern, right is soap paint job.

IMG_2713.jpeg

Closer look.

I think with another layer, or maybe more practice, it could come out looking better. But also when compared to a regular rattle can job on the left, I don’t see it being anywhere near as effective in its current form.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Here's some. I freehand most of these with either stencils (fern or fake cedar), grass and twigs, laundry bag netting, and branches or some other foliage.

With the exception of the plastic leaf stencils and the tape, all patterns were made using stuff from the yard, woods, and the field next door. All rattle can and no airbrush or artistry or paint booths. All done outside on a cardboard box or in the barn/garage in the doorway.
I seriously wanna to do a vid and whomever is technically proficient, can put it on the internet.

I use Hunter's Specialties kits; Krylon camo; and Rustoleum camo. I try to get Ghost Coat when It pops up on the internet...it's an issue paint that is not commercially available but shows up every now and then on ebay or some surplus site.

Aervoe is another really good camo spray paint. Lotsa colors that follow the Mil color spec.

The one stencil I made was a blue tape "stripe" pattern with additional laundry bag netting dots.

PredatOBR 260: Krylon, Rustoleum, and some ghost coat. Khaki, Lt tan, dark bark brown, OD green; Scope is Hunter's Specialties, tan (marsh grass), red brown, OD.

PTOBR260.jpg
PTOBR260CLOSE.jpg

Predatobr 308: Hunter's specialties, 3 colors Marsh grass, Red brown, OD.

PTOBR308.jpg
PTOBR308CLOSE.jpg

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Since I have FDE and black paint already, I think I'll go with something like this for now just to cover up the ugly.

1691371765276.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom