WOW! Obama is shafting workers / voters big time!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, please see my edit above. He's talking about internment camps for Islamic citizens of the United States. Read the whole page.

Here is what SMS posted:

I hate it when my political enemies take quotes out of context, or warp them to fit into a convenient sound bite...it's equally as stupid when folks do it in the other direction. It undermines legit arguments against Obama and makes those spreading it look like idiots...or more precisely allows O's supporters to paint everyone who is anti-O as idiots.

The entire quote is as follows:

"In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

In other words...if politicians/politics create(s) an environment that unleashes a witch hunt against Arab and Pakistani citizens simply because of their heritage...he will stand with them. I would expect that of the President.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They haven't passed a budget in the last 3 1/2 years. What make anybody think the congress is going to pass one then? I don't care who is in power.

Dennis, they will pull something out of their azz and the dims will line up all patriotic like en mass to support it. I agree it won't be a full on budget, but they will stop sequestration. If they don't and Obungholio still gets elected, the S has officially hit the fan. I don't think there is any way a dim can be elected to any office save for the bluest San Fran psycho types in those districts. Our national defense will be in serious jeopardy with these cuts.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what SMS posted:

I hate it when my political enemies take quotes out of context, or warp them to fit into a convenient sound bite...it's equally as stupid when folks do it in the other direction. It undermines legit arguments against Obama and makes those spreading it look like idiots...or more precisely allows O's supporters to paint everyone who is anti-O as idiots.

The entire quote is as follows:

"In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

In other words...if politicians/politics create(s) an environment that unleashes a witch hunt against Arab and Pakistani citizens simply because of their heritage...he will stand with them. I would expect that of the President.

Here it is.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your going to defend him, you should at least have reference material at hand.

I didn't see it as JB defending him. I do see JB's point that there is a LOT of seemingly blind rabid disgust with the current POTUS and a tendency for individuals to jump all over him whether something is misquoted or not. Please don't take this as me defending the current POTUS because it is not. I believe the current POTUS to be the most polarizing and divisive figure in politics (due to his policies/or lack thereof) that I can remember(maybe ever in the last century) and that in and of itself is not good for our nation. But, there is a trend on this forum for many people to jump all over anything said or done by members of the Democratic party, yet give a pass to members of the Republican party when they do the same or similar things. It doesn't matter what side of the fence it comes from, they all need to be called out on their ********.

As to the subject of the OP.... Yeah, strikes me as typical illegal Chicago style politics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom