Wreck on I44 and 15th this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the statement gets one person to wear a helmet - I'd say it's worth it. If that helmet later saves a life, I could read that in ever article for the rest of my life.

"Economy in shambles, man survives motorcycle accident because of helmet - blah blah blah stock market stuff."

Good point. I see what you mean.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its sad to hear anything like this, thoughts and prayers to the friends and family.

I'm serious because it's not like some guy who's been riding for 20 years with no helmet will see this story and put his helmet on. Everyone thinks it could never happen to them so that statement was not needed in the article IMO.

I agree, it might be more effective to start showing pics of the accident scenes (before clean-up) and maybe pics of the massive head trauma etc, it would be a little more convincing to wear a helmet after seeing this stuff first hand.

Reaction score
I was also sitting in that mess of traffic this morning. I must have sat under the overpass for at least 1/2 hour or more. I feel bad for the guy's family.

I still can't believe people ride without helmets. :anyone: I understand people have a right to do so but why?

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there are few reason to ride a motorcycle without taking the utmost safest precautions and none have great value than what I put on my life. If I get a bike and ride because thats what I enjoy then im going to do everything I can to make sure I pull back into my driveway to be with my family once my fun it over... end of story

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well they didn't mention whether or not the motorcyclist was wearing a seat belt, or the pickup driver wearing a crash helmit! Why not? Thats just comparing apples to oranges. :homer:

Sorry, just had a Homer Simpson moment! :sorry1:

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there are few reason to ride a motorcycle without taking the utmost safest precautions and none have great value than what I put on my life. If I get a bike and ride because thats what I enjoy then im going to do everything I can to make sure I pull back into my driveway to be with my family once my fun it over... end of story

Very well said. You are a smart man.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a smart man, but I wear my helmet. What I don't get are the riders with the holier than thou attitude when it comes to helmets. I don't give a crap if anyone on a bike wears their helmet except me, my wife, my mom and my dad. More power to the people that don't want to or think they need to. Our lives are full of choices and I like to be the one to make mine. Not you.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been riding since 1971. Always wore a helmet. A helmet has saved my life on 1 occassion for sure and probably another.

IMO if you don't wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle you're too stupid to live. You may get lucky and not wearing one will never matter. Maybe. The odds are agin you though. Stupid should hurt. Not wearing a helmet can hurt a lot.

That said: This is still America and mostly a free country. Don't wanna wear a helmet don't. Rider's choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom