Wreck on I44 and 15th this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do they have to mention that the driver was wearing a seat belt and the motorcyclist wasn't wearing a helmet?

helmet is relevant and something I was asked but couldn't tell while driving by...and the seatbelt I dunno truly

Thanks grphx! you rock....any officers able to give any insight the story seems a little off IMO from what I could see

grphx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do they have to mention that the driver was wearing a seat belt and the motorcyclist wasn't wearing a helmet?

Serious? To get people to wear their seat belts and helmets. Guy wearing seatbelt lived, guy not wearing a helmet didn't. In this particular case, I don't think the seat belt mattered, but the helmet probably did.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

For the sheer publicity, I'd guess. "See what can happen if you don't wear a helmet"

Kinda like exposing the fact that the driver involved in a single car fatality had a post-mortem BAC of .10.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serious? To get people to wear their seat belts and helmets. Guy wearing seatbelt lived, guy not wearing a helmet didn't. In this particular case, I don't think the seat belt mattered, but the helmet probably did.

I'm serious because it's not like some guy who's been riding for 20 years with no helmet will see this story and put his helmet on. Everyone thinks it could never happen to them so that statement was not needed in the article IMO.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm serious because it's not like some guy who's been riding for 20 years with no helmet will see this story and put his helmet on. Everyone thinks it could never happen to them so that statement was not needed in the article IMO.

OR, the guy reading the article could have been on the fence about wearing a helmet since he's getting older and presumably wiser. He may now think, "Boy... I'm going to the motorcycle shop to pick up a helmet!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom