Wreck on I44 and 15th this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OR, the guy reading the article could have been on the fence about wearing a helmet since he's getting older and presumably wiser. He may now think, "Boy... I'm going to the motorcycle shop to pick up a helmet!"

Most of the people I see on the roads without a helmet ARE the older guys. At least the younger guys put their helmet on the back of their bike because god knows they'd have plenty of time to throw it on their head before they wreck.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"was driving a motorcycle north on the freeway south of Interstate 40 about 7 a.m. when he tried to change lanes, troopers said. The motorcycle clipped another vehicle and hit the barrier wall."

So, I suppose that he may have been changing lanes prior to actually clearing the vehicle he was passing. Is this to mean that he may have been reckless not only with not wearing a helmet but also in his manner of riding?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"was driving a motorcycle north on the freeway south of Interstate 40 about 7 a.m. when he tried to change lanes, troopers said. The motorcycle clipped another vehicle and hit the barrier wall."

So, I suppose that he may have been changing lanes prior to actually clearing the vehicle he was passing. Is this to mean that he may have been reckless not only with not wearing a helmet but also in his manner of riding?

Or the vehicle he clipped changed lanes unexpectedly, staying in front of him? I was thinking along the same lines as you, but realized it could have gone down otherwise.

lump

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm serious because it's not like some guy who's been riding for 20 years with no helmet will see this story and put his helmet on. Everyone thinks it could never happen to them so that statement was not needed in the article IMO.
If the statement gets one person to wear a helmet - I'd say it's worth it. If that helmet later saves a life, I could read that in ever article for the rest of my life.

"Economy in shambles, man survives motorcycle accident because of helmet - blah blah blah stock market stuff."

Latest posts

Top Bottom