Xbox reverses features for new console

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sticking with my gaming computer and will pick up a PS4 in a few years when the prices drop.
I used to be big into HALO, but Microsoft really tries to get every last penny from you.
I prefer my PS3 to my Xbox now.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a xbox loved it no problems. Xbox 360 loved it except for xbox live thing and paying for connection. Then it gets the red ring of death. Didn't last 19 months. Now with the first announcement and all the b.s. now they see they will lose lots of money and decide to change. I'm not buying it. Have to think about the ps4. Just little bit gun shy with my money.

Hated the 360 controller myself, huge brick to hold on to IMHO. Actually loved the n64 controller out of anything I have ever used on a console. Up until a year ago the last console I had even bought was a n64 and that was in 97 :saywhat:

I do most of my stuff on my computer, and I have two that are capable of gaming pretty well plus my wife's laptop that is an ASUS ROG version that is not too shabby either.

BTW red ring of death is fixable, just the heatsink loosens up and the cpu/gpu gets overheated. http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-the-Red-Ring-of-Deathwithout-towels/

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hated the 360 controller myself, huge brick to hold on to IMHO. Actually loved the n64 controller out of anything I have ever used on a console. Up until a year ago the last console I had even bought was a n64 and that was in 97 :saywhat:

I do most of my stuff on my computer, and I have two that are capable of gaming pretty well plus my wife's laptop that is an ASUS ROG version that is not too shabby either.

BTW red ring of death is fixable, just the heatsink loosens up and the cpu/gpu gets overheated. http://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-the-Red-Ring-of-Deathwithout-towels/

Temp fix at best, a few friends who had the problem and I did this with the same results. The box starts working but in a short period (2 weeks-a month) it red rings again. Repeat fix red rings faster than before and so on until the box dies altogether. Screw Microsoft

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For us, the part that sucks the most is that it won't be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games. Our kids have tons of xbox games.

Yes, the RROD is fixable - SOMETIMES. depends on the ring code. we've taken TWO xbox 360's out to the range and used them for target practice because we couldn't fix the RROD. So, right now we have all these games and no xbox to play them on. There is definitely a console in our very near future. It will be the Xbox 360. if we have to change platforms, it will be to the playstation - hard to beat their blu-ray engine and the interface just seems more 'grown up'

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sony has been able to sell 100+ million consoles in their previous iterations(ps/ps2/ps3) because there are users that only play disc based games offline.

^^^^
THIS

Been playing computer games since '78 and for the past 4 years console games. I've tried online play since the beginning when the only means to do it was with a phone modem. Never liked it (the one exception was WWI flight sims like Red Baron and Knights of the Sky - they were cool). I try playing online every now and then just to see if anything has changed. It hasn't. Same ole same ole. Same cheatin' dogs. Same a'holes hanging at spawn spots, same morons with handles like pimpdaddyhofuker around. Same guys who have macroed their way to invincibility and then waste it wandering around killing low level players who stand no chance. Same 'tards whose lives are the game who totally freak if something bad happens to 'em.

Online gameplay shows us what society would be like if we lived in a world without consequence and it ain't a purty picture.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we won't get Steam-like features on the Xbox because people didn't bother to read how it works. Good job, we get to keep our 20th century solution.
Maybe if Sony can put a nickel slot in the PS4 they can sell even more.

Been playing computer games since '78 and for the past 4 years console games. I've tried online play since the beginning when the only means to do it was with a phone modem. Never liked it (the one exception was WWI flight sims like Red Baron and Knights of the Sky - they were cool). I try playing online every now and then just to see if anything has changed. It hasn't. Same ole same ole. Same cheatin' dogs. Same a'holes hanging at spawn spots, same morons with handles like pimpdaddyhofuker around. Same guys who have macroed their way to invincibility and then waste it wandering around killing low level players who stand no chance. Same 'tards whose lives are the game who totally freak if something bad happens to 'em.

Online gameplay shows us what society would be like if we lived in a world without consequence and it ain't a purty picture.

If you're on public servers, yeah. I used to play Q3 1v1 on with some people who made money at it in tournaments, and those guys were awesome!
They'd stomp the hell out of you and then tell the areas you were good at, bad at, and how to train to get better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom