You better get in line.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Cow Exploder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what the irs thinks about all these neckbeards...
OTC's much closer.
FoundSome22.jpg

Alvindadio

Reloader
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what is the definition of a hoarder when it comes to 22LR? I use up at least a couple of bulk boxes a month, have a buffer stock, and if my close friends need any they get it at what it cost me.

That being said, I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to buy 50,000 or 100,000 rounds at non-inflated prices for future use.
Are they going to switch to solid copper? What are the "no-lead" bullets going to cost? Are they coming any time soon?

I get in line some to support my own habit. A couple of the re-sellers were talking about their pricing at 10 cents a bullet. They basically sustain their inflated market by buying out all inventory. Who's paying $55 a box or the Federal bulk? Makes me wonder if the are shipping out to somewhere else. The only way I see an end to it coming is if the stores got so much that they couldn't be bought out. That would at least fix the local market for a while.

I'm reloading everything else I shoot. It's a good feeling to not have to worry about what is going to be on the shelf and to be able to shoot a lot more for the same amount of money.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, right now I can reload most calibers cheaper than I can buy .22lr or 22 mag, but those guns are FUN to shoot and the kids love 'em, so I buy 22 when I can find it. The rest of the time, I load mouse fart loads for them to plink with.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easy there. There are lots of folks working at full time jobs that don't pay $18 an hour.

I did not mean to disparage those working for under $18/hr. Just standing in line for 5 freaking hours to make at most $90 is pathetic. Hell of a way to earn a buck. It's a lot different for folks making an honest living at rate under that as they are providing something of actual value and not actively sticking it to our youngest shooters.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have the time nor the desire to play this ridiculous 22LR game. I buy it when I find it but don't loiter around Walmart at 2am. I've managed to find some decent scores in the past few months without paying crazy prices for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom