You guys ever eat "poverty" junk food?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess, well no, I know I was spoiled and by the time I can remember things were pretty good. I do know when I was first born mom talked about sifting the weevils out of the flour because we didn’t have much. I also do like Dinty Moore and always keep a couple cans of dried beef for SOS. I just like the stuff. Things did get tight for a while about 15 years ago and I managed to feed five of us on $100 a month but you’d never have known......and that included toiletries and house cleaners. Mom was pretty much a gourmet cook and I spent a lot of time with her in the kitchen being an only child so I learned quite a lot from her. I’d go to the 99 Cent store that had produce and some frozen fish. If what I needed wasn’t there I went to a place called Stater Brothers Grocery which was a privately owned chain and always about 30%-50% cheaper then all the others. And if they didn’t have it we didn’t need it and did without.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't had potted meat since I got a big chunk of tripe ok in one. It just wasn't the same as when it's ground into meat. Lol.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there was a family moved in to share crop a farm across the road from my grandparent, they had a few kids a mom and dad....my grandpa took a milk cow over to them and begged them to keep her for him so he didn't have to feed her. i remember my great grandparents stories about going without food. when i get to thinking how rough it is i just remember some of those stories. you could spend chickens like cash...

Latest posts

Top Bottom