you guys gotta talk me down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't own an M&P, but I do own a FN 45 and it is HEAVY fully loaded. Excellent platform though, and no doubt well suited for combat.

I didn't mean it was light, but you are getting more rounds for your weight with that vs a 1911.

Honestly if I could choose what gun the military uses I'd have them using a Glock 17.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess anyone that sees differently than you deserves a personal attack? I'm far from an expert..... just pointing out how things work and dispelling myths. Like or not, the timing has more to do with reliability than loose or tight as a majority of problems lie with mags or extractor issues, not slide velocity due to obstruction.
My Baer TRS, still won't break down by hand but it has at least 5-6K rounds through it and I've yet to experience a gun related failure.

Not really worried about "combat" or "EOTW" scenarios....my priority lies with a rifle there. I DO have several 1911s that I have used as CCW, and any gun I carry I put ~1K rounds through it before I will carry it.

Had to assume that you were an expert since you told me that my response earlier in this thread was false.

No doubt, Timing is important (as is ammo, magazines used and lube) but to say an overly tight slide to frame match being an issue is "False" is ridiculous.

And that's the point, there are MANY issues with 1911 reliability - hence the discussion we see here.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to assume that you were an expert since you told me that my response earlier in this thread was false.

No doubt, Timing is important (as is ammo, magazines used and lube) but to say an overly tight slide to frame match being an issue is "False" is ridiculous.

And that's the point, there are MANY issues with 1911 reliability - hence the discussion we see here.

Someone just needs to call up the FBI HRT team and tell them their guns are too tight...... :D Over a decade of service and god knows how many rounds and who would of thunk that a little dust and lint could foul up the whole thing. Baer needs to get that phone call too. Funny how he's built a successful business on extremely tight guns.

As far as the reliability disccusions go....the internetz dun told me my ARs are unreliable, my AKs are inaccurate, every .308 platform sucks, my mossbergs won't cycle, my new 870 will fall apart..... etc. I find it's just better to get out and shoot and see for yourself.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need one of these

d3pvexk84ayvwf.cloudfront.net_wp_content_uploads_FNX45_Lead.jpg

I dont need it, but I want it.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock's sure are better! :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Overuled... I don't have dog in the hunt ( I carry a 19 and a couple of 1911's regularly)... but if we dig enough we can find a photo/story of any know brand in a state of premature disasembly.

In all fairness... total disclosure would probably reveal those glocks are 40SW shot with buldged cases the failed at the rim... a known problem to reloaders for years.

OldArmy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a bad choice at all. Now just get a quality ISWB holster. Personally I would recommend White Hat holsters. I purchased one of there horse hide ISWB holster, before that I opened carried because it was just more comfy...never again. Not because of the arguments for either, but because it's just more comfy to CC with there ISWB holster.http://www.whitehatholsters.com/iwb-holsters/. They are not cheap, but they make carrying service size pistols muuuuch nicer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom