you guys gotta talk me down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhhh.... the patented internet operator muck test rears it's ugly head. I'll bring my Kevlar if you're shooting a Glock in .40.

If you're shooting a Glock then you'll probably need them. However, since a 1911 is far superior in accuracy, the extra shots aren't needed.

I'm no operator. I am just willing to put my pistol to the test against yours when it comes to all around reliability. Trust me, my fat ass ain't nothin' special.

And I am just working under the assumption that when and if I need to pull my pistol and use it, that accuracy is going to go out the window along with the rest of my fine motor control. Show me those shooting videos where it is life or death and you see the guy calmly taking his time, timing his shots, breathing, etc. Most of the videos I have seen involve the person shooting like there is no tomorrow as they try and find cover.

And hey, GMThunder, all I did was put an offer out there.

Jestik

filobeto

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a 1911 guy, but Jestik is right about the gun working. Most 1911s will not as well as stock glocks. That being said the right 1911 will run and be much more accurate. I have my glock by my bed. Ask an ipsc or idpa when it comes to speed and accuracy they will go with a single action trigger and a match barrel. That does not mean the Glocks are a lesser piece. They have different jobs. If I had my choice between a stock nib glock 17 and a stock nib rock island 1911 to use in a gunfight, I would pick the glock. I really like the rock island gun as well, but there is a chance it would need a different mag or the trigger would be crappy and the 1911 would lose some advantage. I know exactly would to expect with the glock.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm no operator. I am just willing to put my pistol to the test against yours when it comes to all around reliability. Trust me, my fat ass ain't nothin' special.

What does dragging a gun through the mud prove then? Given you admit you're a normal person? 1911 service history aside, if you want muck test proof, then hit youtube, there's plenty of vids. Let's talk real world reliability and accuracy. Glocks are an antiquated 80's design and just about every polymer platform I can think of has surpassed them now in performance, ergos and.... reliability. You see Glock is good at one thing... .and that's sweeping their issues under the rug and calling their fixes, "upgrades."

And I am just working under the assumption that when and if I need to pull my pistol and use it, that accuracy is going to go out the window along with the rest of my fine motor control. Show me those shooting videos where it is life or death and you see the guy calmly taking his time, timing his shots, breathing, etc. Most of the videos I have seen involve the person shooting like there is no tomorrow as they try and find cover.

Don't know what you are talking about when it comes to shooting videos but it sounds like you could benefit from a close quarter class or two.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does dragging a gun through the mud prove then? Given you admit you're a normal person? 1911 service history aside, if you want muck test proof, then hit youtube, there's plenty of vids. Let's talk real world reliability and accuracy. Glocks are an antiquated 80's design and just about every polymer platform I can think of has surpassed them now in performance, ergos and.... reliability. You see Glock is good at one thing... .and that's sweeping their issues under the rug and calling their fixes, "upgrades."

Don't know what you are talking about when it comes to shooting videos but it sounds like you could benefit from a close quarter class or two.

GMThunder,

How far away do you plan on shooting someone for the accuracy of the weapon to come into play?

But hey, let's take this to PM so that we don't overtake the thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom