Your rifle is too heavy for SHTF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having a family and small children, “bugging out” would be a nightmare and a last resort for me. I imagine if that circumstance ever actually arose, the weight of whatever rifle I brought along would be the least of my concerns
Well I think he was also talking about going out for food or patrols...So if you had to go out during the day to forage, it would be better to not have a 20lb rifle to lug around; especially if you were alone. But it got me thinking for sure...the pistons are nice but front heavy.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try carrying a ruck, an A2 AND a Stinger missile! The misery feels eternal! :(
Ruck, M60, 500 rounds, barrel, angry baseballs & smoke, no A gunner, and in charge of watching the new West point LT.

Decided to try to the Navy after a few years of that.😁

Also, have seen so many people that have a shtf set up that hardly know anything about running the damn thing.

Last edited:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd take a SCAR 17, have no problem with them. Hell, I'd be plenty happy with an AK. Don't really care; I wouldn't plan on much sneaking around through the neighbors bushes, looking to get shot, so I'm not too concerned with the weight of my rifle.

What happened to our grandparent's generation? You know, the one that lugged a railroad tie that took emblocs all across Europe and from island to island? Never heard them b*tch about weight.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I'd take a SCAR 17, have no problem with them. Hell, I'd be plenty happy with an AK. Don't really care; I wouldn't plan on much sneaking around through the neighbors bushes, looking to get shot, so I'm not too concerned with the weight of my rifle.

What happened to our grandparent's generation? You know, the one that lugged a railroad tie that took emblocs all across Europe and from island to island? Never heard them b*tch about weight.
LOL. You were not there obviously . Soldiers always do 2 things , gripe and complain LOL. About every thing.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, most people are not going to 'bug out' when shtf. Ever see vids of people trying to get out of Florida before a hurricane hits - Interstate parking lot for miles, plus people usually have too much invested in their place and preps to leave most of it behind for someone else. I understand his intent and I'm sure his heart is in the right place, but lets face-it . . . the guys an inexperienced idiot!

Latest posts

Top Bottom