Your Super Bowl food???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No game for me.....just my personal choice.
I did smoke some country style ribs, ham & beans with onions and diced potatoes with onions and butter wrapped up in foil. Sliced pears with cinnamon for something sweet after supper.
EDIT: forgot the picture of what's left of my ribs.
Resized_20230212_190303.jpeg

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would you be willing to share your recipe for the crock pot Italian beef? (if you share, thanks. if not, no sweat)
Yeah, I'll get it tomorrow for you. It turned out well but I deviated from the recipe as it was cooking so I'll share that stuff too. And the horse radish sauce and chopped peppers took it to the next level!

There is a place in Norman that has Italian beef sandwiches (Pickleman's) and they have some awesome pepper mix with celery and carrots all mixed in with oil. I tried to find something like it a several stores but couldn't, so I got these pre-chopped jarred jalapenos that worked well. HOWEVER, I remembered after the fact that I think they sell their pepper mix to-go in jars so I'll be picking up some of that ASAP for next time as I will be making this again.

The jist of the recipe (how we made it) was 5-7lbs of chuck roast, beef broth, mixed Italian seasoning, garlic powder, bay leaf, minced garlic, salt, pepper, about a 1/4 stick of butter, dash of olive oil, cooked on low in crock pot for 8-9hrs...I added some of the stuff along the way, flipped the meat a few times during the process (it took 2 roasts cooked together), then used a large fork to remove the gristle and large fat chunks AND break apart the meat when it was 90% done cooking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom