Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd completely forgotten about it and it's been at least 6-8 years since I've had any and I don't know what made mama think about it yesterday (she doesn't like it) but when she came back from grocery shopping yesterday she had bought me a big chunk of braunschweiger and I'm looking forward to having some for lunch today with a handful of saltines......Oh, if you've never had it and you don't like liver you won't like brunschweiger.

lbs.jpg

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found some nice raspberries at the store so I grabbed 48 oz and made me some raspberry sauce. A serious pain removing the seeds but man is it some tasty goodness when you’re done, about a 2-3 hour process. Goes great on ice cream, pancakes and this cheesecake I just pulled out of the oven. 😬
IMG_7535.jpeg
IMG_7536.jpeg
IMG_7541.jpeg

cwheatley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome BBQ Baked Beans

Yield: 5 servings

Ingredients:
1 can (16 oz) pinto beans - drained
1 can (16 oz) red chili beans - drained
1 can (15 oz) pork and beans
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 pound cured bacon
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon liquid smoke

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°.

In an 8-inch foil pan, combine all ingredients except the onion and bacon. Chop the onion and cut the bacon into 1-inch strips vertically. Fry the bacon over medium heat until done, but soft. Remove the bacon and add to the bean mixture. Fry the onion in the bacon grease until caramelized. Add the onion to the mixture. Stir until all ingredients are mixed well.

Cover pan with foil and put in oven for approximately 15 to 20 minutes (longer if larger portions are used), stirring occasionally.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s going to be noisy and stanky at my house tonight, because we’re having pintos and cornbread for supper. :thumb:
View attachment 469573
If you soak your beans for about 7-8 hours and then drain off that water left, add fresh water, then cook, they wont be gassy.
Looks yummy though!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom