Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fixed what my mom always called goulash tonight with a handful of saltines.

Quick, good, easy to make and filling.....hamburger, can tomatoes and macaroni.

goulash.jpg

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 455608

My mom also made this. My wife loved it, I will eat it. Not so much a fave.

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 455608

That's how Mom made it when I was a kid. Now, we use chorizo & Rotel.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 455608

Hangfire, would you mind posting recipe? I asked wife to make some. Yours looks good, some online throw in everything.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hangfire, would you mind posting recipe? I asked wife to make some. Yours looks good, some online throw in everything.

@n423 I can't boil water without burning it so there's really not much to it. :)

Be cooking your hamburger and macaroni in separate pans at the same time, drain the grease off the hamburger a time or two and season to taste and let it lightly brown, when the macaroni is done (don't over cook I like mine still a little chewy) drain the water off and add the hamburger and tomatoes (use the liquid in the tomatoes) to the pot....I pour the tomatoes in my hand from the can and squish them over the pot.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out or just invite us all over for supper and we'll draw our own conclusions. :)

Last edited:

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@n423 I can't boil water without burning it so there's really not much to it. :)

Be cooking your hamburger and macaroni in separate pans at the same time, drain the grease off the hamburger a time or two and season to taste and let it lightly brown, when the macaroni is done (don't over cook I like mine still a little chewy) drain the water off and add the hamburger and tomatoes (use the liquid in the tomatoes) to the pot....I pour the tomatoes in my hand from the can and squish them over the pot.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out or just invite us all over for supper and we'll draw our own conclusions. :)

Thank you sir!! I cook outdoors only. I have made a few easy casseroles. Breakfast I use frozen biscuits and sausage, better than McD's. Wife doesn't like to cook much anymore.

Some recipes I looked @ like the Hungarian looked liked too much stuff.

Last edited:

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you sir!! I cook outdoors only. I have made a few easy casseroles. Breakfast I use frozen biscuits and sausage, better than McD's. Wife doesn't like to cook much anymore.

Some recipes I looked @ like the Hungarian looked liked too much stuff.

https://dinnersdishesanddesserts.com/old-fashioned-goulash/

this seems like the basic recipe, everyone tweaks it to their liking like every recipe. we dont use Italian seasoning in ours we use greek seasoning and sometimes i will throw random veggies in there if I have them to use before they go bad.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like I've lived in Oklahoma since the day that the patent on dirt expired, I've never eaten at Ken's Steakhouse in Amber. Tried it for the first time this afternoon. All I can say is, "if you haven't tried it, you owe it to yourself to indulge!!"

I got the Prime Rib --- it was the best that I've ever had from anywhere! Others in the party got the ribs and the sirloin steaks. Everyone said that their meal was top-notch. We will be going back soon!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@xseler Isn’t it great….and really reasonably priced for the brontosaurus sized slab of prime rib they put on your plate. I live by Medicine Park and the guys here suggested I stop by Ken’s after picking up our daughter from Will Rogers. That’s some good stuff right there I tell ya.

Latest posts

Top Bottom