health insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, if we just let the private sector loose and remove the regulations limiting interstate competition, this insurance mess would clean itself up.

I am seeing my first insurance premium increase in 4 years with my company provided insurance premiums increasing 10%. We are Self insured and the company covers 80% of the premium costs. I estimated the total premium costs is about $1850 per month based on what I pay. And I have $20 / $35 office visits for primary and specialty respectively. The normal preventative office visits are zero out of pocket.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the doctor today and made an appointment. When they took my insurance card to make a copy they told me i didn't have medical insurance.I told them, yes i did and i got an email a week ago telling me bcbs was going to take the money out of my account today.So i called my bank and for some reason bcbs didn't take money out of my account today as there email said they would.Very frustrating last month i spent hours on the phone with these people trying to get somewhere and find out it was a waste of time.Back at it tomorrow.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the doctor today and made an appointment. When they took my insurance card to make a copy they told me i didn't have medical insurance.I told them, yes i did and i got an email a week ago telling me bcbs was going to take the money out of my account today.So i called my bank and for some reason bcbs didn't take money out of my account today as there email said they would.Very frustrating last month i spent hours on the phone with these people trying to get somewhere and find out it was a waste of time.Back at it tomorrow.

I was dropped for part of 2015 for "nonpayment", yet they had no problem refunding the disputed payments. Because I was dropped for a qualifying reason under the ACA, I was unable to be reinstated, and with no other insurers authorized to offer individual plans in my zip code I was forced to be uninsured for the latter part of the year.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You, too?!?!?!?! I don't know how many calls I made to them when they didn't take out my premium the first of October. 'You're one of 97,000,' 'we had a software upgrade last month,' (sounds like a downgrade to me!), 'it will be taken out Friday or Monday,' blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Which reminds me ... I need to check to see if it ever came out today. It had not been taken out this morning.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very happy I wasn't involved in a bad car accident or had to be hospitalized today.I also heard about the software upgrade excuse the last time they screwed things up.This really shouldn't be this hard to get medical insurance.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very happy I wasn't involved in a bad car accident or had to be hospitalized today.I also heard about the software upgrade excuse the last time they screwed things up.This really shouldn't be this hard to get medical insurance.
Just hope you're not out west after the first of the year. Great Plains Regional in Elk City will no longer be in-network. That's where they take you if you're not quite bad enough or too far west to go to OKC.

Sent from my Nokia 6100 using Tapatalk

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BCBS still has not taken out my premium this morning. Guess it's gonna' take some more phone calls! No way to run a business.

I need to get back online and finalize things, then run some questions by my agent, but I think I've decided what we're gonna' do. I found a policy I think we can live with that will cost about an extra $100 a month. I've already been looking at some part-time employment possibilities, if I have to go that route. No, I don't want to touch my investments if I don't have to. That's not what it's there for. And, going without health insurance and paying the penalty was not a serious consideration ... only a last resort. The wife and I are both in pretty darn good health, but we ain't getting any younger! And, we both already have some 'chronic' health issues that could possibly lead to sizeable medical costs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom