It's time to remove my wedding ring.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aww, some kind of professional huh?! You don know you’re an OSA’er right? 🤣
If it's my pain I'm dealing with, I'm making it right for me. My daughter went fishing with my father-in-law and came home with a hook in leg. The marine, father-in-law didn't want to hurt his granddaughter, so he brought her home. I pushed the hook through and snipped off the barb and pulled it through. Funny thing was the marine/father-in-law was the hero.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jewelers have just the thing to cut your ring!
It's called a 'Ring Cutter'.
This is actually a pretty common issue.
You could drop by a Jewelry store (better call 1st), or even buy your own cutter. It's basically a little piece of metal (tongue?) that slides under the ring to protect the wearer, & a
sharp wheel turned by a key (like a can opener). Look it up-as it's prob'ly the best, easiest option.
Exactly what ya need.
(I won't make any jokes about 'outgrowing your wife' or anything, either)

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PS- While you are at the Jewelers; you can get an estimate on up-sizing the ring, if you plan to keep wearing it.
Depending on construction/materials/type of stones (if any)- some rings can be stretched on a mandrill & most can have a 'wedge' of similar metal soldered in.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jewelers have just the thing to cut your ring!
It's called a 'Ring Cutter'.
This is actually a pretty common issue.
You could drop by a Jewelry store (better call 1st), or even buy your own cutter. It's basically a little piece of metal (tongue?) that slides under the ring to protect the wearer, & a
sharp wheel turned by a key (like a can opener). Look it up-as it's prob'ly the best, easiest option.
Exactly what ya need.
(I won't make any jokes about 'outgrowing your wife' or anything, either)

PS- While you are at the Jewelers; you can get an estimate on up-sizing the ring, if you plan to keep wearing it.
Depending on construction/materials/type of stones (if any)- some rings can be stretched on a mandrill & most can have a 'wedge' of similar metal soldered in.

If you go back to post #68 on page 7 of this thread, you will see that he has already gotten the ring off.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you go back to post #68 on page 7 of this thread, you will see that he has already gotten the ring off.
Sorry- it takes me so dang long to type he mighta died moved to New York by now, for all I know.
At least he could still vote & I'm glad his finger is 'Free' again. Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom