It's time to remove my wedding ring.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't have an oxy-acet torch, any more. Got stolen with a bunch of other stuff years ago. No recovery on any of it. Still can't afford to replace it. Do still have the gas bottles, and a air-acetyliene Turbo Torch for brazing, and a oxy-propane torch I got in Turkey about 40 years ago, but have never enough tried to use. No plasma cutter yet, either... whaaaa! :cry11:

Nope. Put them in a cast iron skillet, with a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup poured over them, in a 400°F oven for about an hour.

Though French fries fried in lard are the best! And pie crust made with lard. If you have trouble finding lard to cook with, look for "Manteca" in the Hispanic foods section of your grocery store. Malwart carries it there...
There is a couple pounds of Manteca in our pantry. Refrigeration not required.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread has been educational for me. I never thought about serious issues with rings getting stuck. The whole EMT/firefighters needing ring cutters due to due swelling in traumatic cases makes total sense

I’ve been married for 15yrs and haven’t wore my ring for probably the last 10yrs. I’m a blue collar bastard who works with my hands and never like wearing a ring. The wife has been chill about it

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad never wore his wedding ring for as long as I could remember. Right around the time I was born, he broke his ring finger while working on a car, and they had to cut the ring off. He couldn't wear it at work (more on that below), so he never got it fixed, and it sat in my parents' chest of drawers until some sorry sack of excrement broke into the house and stole the ring (among other things).

Dad was an engineer who worked on mainframe computers, so he couldn't wear a nice highly-conductive band of gold when he was having to stick his hands inside voltage-sensitive equipment. Plus, a lot of those cabinets had exposed high-voltage bus bars inside them--he once told me about a tech who came into his office, white as a sheet, needing to sit down for a moment. He'd just dropped a nice Excelite screwdriver on one of those bus bars, and it had "vaporized it."

I still have that screwdriver; although it wasn't actually vaporized, it does have divot that is burned almost halfway through the shaft of the blade, which is about a quarter of an inch in diameter...

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been married to my dear wife for 16 years (second marriage) and you can count the times on one hand that I haven’t had my wedding ring on my finger. The woman I love put that thing on there and there it will stay. I do take it off at night and will slip it in my pocket if the situation requires it’s removal but as soon as I’m done it goes right back on.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont wear mine because it lets turds know that I have a family to kill.

One night I was dealing with a guy, he said," you're a pos dont have a wedding ring nobody loves you" I replied, "You're right, nobody does, so how do you think I feel about you?" He stfu

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is titanium and they told me when I got it that I shouldn't ever expect to cut it off with any kind of snips. Lost it, found it, then quit wearing it altogether. Hated wearing a ring. Still have a weird callous under that finger and it's been years.
To get those off they basically put them in a special vise, and tighten until it breaks. They are hard, but brittle.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's off, but the band nipper broke on the Leatherman Raptor. I guess I didn't know my own strength.

Attachments

• 20240422_140028.jpg
    20240422_140028.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom