It's time to remove my wedding ring.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Grandfather had the same problem, and I used a set of nippers to cut his off. I wouldn’t want to use a dremel, because it seems like it might be easy to make a slip and cut something you don’t intend to cut.
I had to take mine off several years ago when I broke my hand, and I haven’t worn one since.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Grandfather had the same problem, and I used a set of nippers to cut his off. I wouldn’t want to use a dremel, because it seems like it might be easy to make a slip and cut something you don’t intend to cut.
I had to take mine off several years ago when I broke my hand, and I haven’t worn one since.
I've thought about that also. I'm concerned I won't be able to cut completely through it and I'd have to deal with the jagged edges until it was removed.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can slip a thin, flat piece of metal underneath the ring for protection, the dremel could still work. I’d be concerned about heat generation, though.

Or you could slim down that finger somehow ;)
I've been slim for 2/3rds of my life. I'm willing to lose a finger. :) I think I'm going to order a Dremel. I've had one before to build RC airplanes and construction work.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been slim for 2/3rds of my life. I'm willing to lose a finger. :) I think I'm going to order a Dremel. I've had one before to build RC airplanes and construction work.
Yep, it'll work. Get one that's variable speed, run it nice and slow and cut in 2-3 sec increments for heat. Bet it works fine.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems like the string or floss trick is most successful. I wonder if you kept it wrapped for 10 or 20 minutes, if the compression from the wrap might shrink the finger a bit.

If you resort to cutting, slower is better, and you could run you finger in a stream of water while cutting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom