Last night was the worst newyear's ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this.

One of my longtime online friends lived about 3 hours away... he wanted me to come visit, I was always too busy. He jokingly told me one night as he logged off that he thought he'd just shoot himself tonite. I laughingly replied that would be ok if he'd leave me his AR-15...

Found out a week or so later that he used that AR-15 on himself. I knew he was stressed over some girl stuff, but had no clue he would ever go that far.

I'll never forgive myself.

Rest In Peace, Jeremy. :(

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Selfish? I guess. You have to be in a heck of a lot of pain to kill yourself though. I must be the only one that understands that. Sometimes mental anguish can be worse than any physical pain. I would tell your wife not to feel bad. You aren't going to stop someone who's bent on taking their life. I feel sorry for your wife's friend, but at least she's no longer in pain. Her friend is in a better place.

okroyal

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been 12 years since I lost my best friend. I never will forget the Sunday after church handshake and "Good Bye." I felt something wasn't right, but it never occurred to me what was going to happen, I even mentioned my feeling to my wife. I got the call the following Tuesday. I might have been able to do more, but I don't know what. I now know that I couldn't have stopped him. Anyways, there were several times in the next week that God spoke to me in profound ways and told me that everything was OK. Prayers are being said for your wife, and I hope she can find some sort of peace through out this ordeal. It is going to be tough for a while, though.

Waterfowler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are always pro's and con's to suicide. The one who took their life is no longer strapped with the battles they were plagued with. But the ones they have left behind have taken on a new battle because of the events that took place.

Pamper your wife, and spend some quality time with her in order to help her heal. No matter how bad it is for your wife right now, time will help to ease the pain. Condolences to all effected by the tragedy.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something that hasnt been mentioned, is that there is almost no way to stop someone who wants to commit suicide. At best, you'll delay it. They are the only ones who can stop it. If they want to kill themselves, they will do it regardless. Threats are usually just that, threats, because they dont know how to ask for help, and need the attention. From dealing with family members that have attempted suicide, and talking to the counselors, and people that man the hotlines, "you can't talk down the ones who want to go through with it". So her not having been there for her, may have been the best thing, because then she would have the guilt of not being able to have saved her.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Selfish? I guess. You have to be in a heck of a lot of pain to kill yourself though. I must be the only one that understands that. Sometimes mental anguish can be worse than any physical pain. I would tell your wife not to feel bad. You aren't going to stop someone who's bent on taking their life. I feel sorry for your wife's friend, but at least she's no longer in pain. Her friend is in a better place.

Nope, you are not. I feel for the woman who took her own life, as well as those she left behind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom