New to Tulsa, what should I see, do or eat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@TedKennedy wheres Monods? I don’t chase Italian food to often being one and spoiled, I’ve ate some good homemade Italian so it’s interesting what others think.
Mondo's is on Peoria, right in the middle of yuppieville (around 36th) - in spite of that, they get my vote for Italian. Their homemade sausage is fantastic.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try the homemade lasagna at Hideaway really its very good.

Mazzios lasagna is better than Olive Garden IMO

My judgment going to be the lasagna for Italian and Enchiladas for Mexican for the main course, depends on your taste.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Much better places for Italian food. Cheri Ann's Trattoria in Broken Arrow is just one example that has excellent Italian food.

@TedKennedy I would have agreed with Mondo's before they moved to the new location. The last time we went there a few months ago we were really disappointed with the food and the service. Could have been just a bad night, I dunno.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Much better places for Italian food. Cheri Ann's Trattoria in Broken Arrow is just one example that has excellent Italian food.

@TedKennedy I would have agreed with Mondo's before they moved to the new location. The last time we went there a few months ago we were really disappointed with the food and the service. Could have been just a bad night, I dunno.
Well that sucks. I don't eat Italian very often, but every now and again we'd go there with family.

I'll keep Cheri Ann's in mind.

If I'm in BA I like Caribbean Sushi or Trang Le Vietnamese...

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Well, there aren't many cuisine styles I don't like. I guess what I am looking for are places to eat that represent Tulsa or Oklahoma in general.

Mcdonald's, Burger King, Wataburger... Those represent Oklahoma "in general" (as well as most of the country) I'm guessing you really want something better than that though. :D

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wondering what things I should check out as a new resident. Feel free to recommend anything. Last week I drove around Skiatook (where I live) and Collinsville (Checked out a LGS there). I go into Tulsa for work at least once a week. What are some must have foods in the area? Are there any events (firearm related or not) that I should check out when they occur? I plan on spending some time this week to check out some churches in the area.

The only other thing on my list right now is paying a visit to this guy...

There are lots of old west, and Oil Induistry, History in this area. Everyone from Jessy Jame, the Dalton Gang, Doolin Gang, Pretty Boy Floyd, the Ma Barker Gang, has ties to the Trusa area! Woolaroc State park and museum, near Bartelsville, is Frank Phiillips Ranch and retreat, founder of Phillips 66, that feathers a drive though animal preserve, The Marlin Mantion in P{onca City, EW Marlins home, founder of CONOCO, Charles Page an early oil man, that built a whole town, Sand Springs, and foundation that has raised t literally thousands of orpans, and helped widows with children, and is still thriving to this day! There is a museum in Sand Springs. Pt hilbrook art museum, made possable by waite Phillips, Frank Phillips brother, and founder of City Serrvice Oil Co. etc. This is a good area, with great people for the most part!

Latest posts

Top Bottom