OC Arrest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think everyone that's old enough to legally buy a firearm understands the sanctity of the polling place. There are a plethoria of laws that govern the conduct in and around them. There are rules that even dictate how close political signs can be placed. If you think that openly carrying and brandishing a firearm in a polling place is okay then I'm sure you're probably okay with the use of members of the New Black Panther party to provide security at them as well....

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_BlackPanthers_2008.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think everyone that's old enough to legally buy a firearm understands the sanctity of the polling place. There are a plethoria of laws that govern the conduct in and around them. There are rules that even dictate how close political signs can be placed. If you think that openly carrying and brandishing a firearm in a polling place is okay then I'm sure you're probably okay with the use of members of the New Black Panther party to provide security at them as well....

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_BlackPanthers_2008.jpg

I tend to agree with Mymonkey. Not sure the polling places (church or community center, bank or school gym) is that closely defined as a state sanctioned operation to be a no carry zone. The comparison you make is ludicrous though. These guys were there to intimidate and scare people. Quite a different situation and your "old" enough to know GD good and well.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's really no one here more quick to point a finger, judge someone and throw down a verdict based on a sketchy news article without all the facts.
Meet the kettle, Mr. pot.

Really? Oh, I get it, I'm being hard on an OC'er...so you have to ride in and protect him because they are protected species right? All OC'ers are noble and without fault and must be lauded as the constitutional warriors that they truly are. Opinions have no place in a discussion involving one of the "noble ones".

What part of this is me throwing down a verdict?: "On the surface he sounds like an idiot. The only mentoring he needs is criminal charges and the loss of his permit...if the place was indeed off limits by statute OR private property that restricted carry."

I freely admitted the "ifs" and lack of facts as to the legality of carry in the establishment he was in.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to agree with Mymonkey. Not sure the polling places (church or community center, bank or school gym) is that closely defined as a state sanctioned operation to be a no carry zone. The comparison you make is ludicrous though. These guys were there to intimidate and scare people. Quite a different situation and your "old" enough to know GD good and well.

So we read intent from the presence of a weapon now?

Seems to be just like the open carriers who carry for effect.

Although I suspect there are some folks here who wouldn't have a problem with it if these guys were white and voting Republican.:rolleyes2

Michael Brown

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we read intent from the presence of a weapon now?

Seems to be just like the open carriers who carry for effect.

Although I suspect there are some folks here who wouldn't have a problem with it if these guys were white and voting Republican.:rolleyes2

Michael Brown

Seems he took a feather from the PoPo hat on that one. :) Re: Intent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom